• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Saturday Night Live Season 42 Episode Recaps

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
S42E06Second skit: Preceeded by Dave Chappelle explaining why he is doing a character from Chappelle Show which he wasn't originally going to do, but after seeing Glenn's death in The Walking Dead he had to.

The skit turned out to be a parody of the death scene (I assume I didn't actually watch this year's Walking Dead but it looked just like when they were captured last year) the skit actually had all the famous characters from the Chappelle show. The crack head, the player hater's ball. the "white" news anchor, my favorite, Clayton Bigsby, and I think even charlie Murphy made a quick cameo. A great tribute to the old show but did end on a bit of a weird/flat note hen the decapitated head gives a unifying political message.

Walking Dead Chappelles Show - SNL - YouTube
That was Donnell Rawlings, not Charlie Murphy.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
S42E01

Last Night's Host- Kind of sounded like Claire from LOST, and dressed like a slut, so I assume it really was Claire but a bit taller.

Musical Guest - The Weekend? Some kind Who's on First situation?

Opening Sketch - A liberal reinterpretation of the Hofstra Presidential Debate.

Donald Trump vs. Hillary Clinton Debate Cold Open - SNL - YouTube

Opening Monologue - Tall Claire fact checked her monologue and the main SNL cast came out to speak and they were "fact checked" too. I enjoyed it, especially what she was wearing.

Some strong skits starting off the show, I was pleasantly surprised.

Live Report - SNL - YouTube

The Family Feud one was especially funny.

Celebrity Family Feud Political Edition - SNL - YouTube

Weekend Update - They were pretty fair on the Presidential situation, surprisingly.

Usually the weakest sketches are after Weekend Update, but for this episode at least they weren't too bad.

Actress Round Table - SNL - YouTube

The ending scene tall Claire even out slutted her monologue attire.

They did mention the Leslie Jones hack in their last skit a Mr. Robot parody but couldn't find video of it, it was overall one of the weaker sketches this week anyway.

Overall it was one of the better regular episodes I can think of, certainly would be in the top 5 of the last couple years. If you get a chance to watch in full, you should.
Margot Robbie. You can see all of her in The Wolf of Wall Street. She was also the inspiration for about 75% of white girls' Halloween costume this year, Harley Quinn.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
Margot Robbie. You can see all of her in The Wolf of Wall Street. She was also the inspiration for about 75% of white girls' Halloween costume this year, Harley Quinn.
I saw a couple that should have been named Harley Davidson. They were HOGS.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
S42E07

Host: Kristen Wig? (Sp?)
Music Guest: xx (i don't know what that means? 20?)

Opening Skit: Trump totally unprepared for Presidency and campaign manager regretting getting him elected. Scrapping every plan he had, making sure Pence will do everything. :rolleyes:

Opening Monologue: Why do they sing? A song about the first Thanksgiving- all facts wrong. Then the second Thanksgiving. Then Steve Martin interrupted her, then the guy from Last Man on Earth interrupted Steve Martin. Then they all sang about fake Thanksgiving facts. It left me wondering what is the connection between Steve Martin, the Last Guy on Earth, and whoever this host is- I don't recognize her from anything. (She has a passing resemblance to Claire Underwood but not as classy.)

First Skit: The Bubble - A bubble where liberals can live inside away from everyone else. Actually a great idea, I hope they figure out a way to do it.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
S42E07

Host: Kristen Wig? (Sp?)
Music Guest: xx (i don't know what that means? 20?)

...It left me wondering what is the connection between Steve Martin, the Last Guy on Earth, and whoever this host is- I don't recognize her from anything. (She has a passing resemblance to Claire Underwood but not as classy.)
She's a former cast member and writer. So are Will Forte (the last guy on earth - he was on and writing while she was, so they worked together) and Steve Martin. That's the easiest connection I can make. She's done a few movies, both writing, producing, and acting. Typically the kind of comedies a wife makes you watch, which is why I know this and have seen them. She was most recently in that awful Ghostbusters remake.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
S42E08

Host: Emma Stone - Cute but I can't figure out what she may have ever been in.
Music Guest: Sean something.

Opening SKit - They're still attacking Trump. Trump retweeted someone whose Twitter profile says "Liberalism is a mental illness" and that is supposed to be a bad thing? THey still just don't get it.

Opening monologue - Emma Stone says SNL was like her high school because she never went to high school. So she goes though the entire studio reminiscing like someone visiting an old school. Cast members are like old students she used to know.

First Skit - Another stupid student theater showcase. Does not bode well they are opening on a generally weak recurring skit. There was a funny joke about Standing Rock.

Second Skit - Skit about how a candle can be a last minute christmas gift. Various ways they come in handy and are regifted, in song form.

Third Skit - Dream about math homework, posters come to life in teenager's room, convince him alebra is useful. At end of skit you see he fails math test anyway.

Fourth Skit - Tracking Hillary - Parody of tracking bigfoor reality shows. Tracking Hillary around the woods of Westchester, NY.

Weekend Update - Leslie jones is upset at guys with small dicks? Thia Rachel from Friends segment was decent though-

Christmas Show by cleaning crew - Cleaning crew at a big corporation puts on a show the night before Christmas break, all the songs paint Santa is bad or sexual light. If you missed it you didn't really miss anything.

Gender Equality in Film - Women talking about how to gain equality in Hollywood and old woman tells how things used to be- a recurring character now.

Fisher Price Playset Well - Wells for sensitive boys. Probably will be made into a real playset soon-

Birth of Jesus - Mary is worried how bad she looks having just given birth in a barn and mad at Joseph for letting everyone in.

Overall another poor show. :(

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
She's been in tons of movies, Joe you should watch some of them

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
She's been in tons of movies, Joe you should watch some of them
The Help

Easy A

Spiderman

Superbad

Friends with Benefits

Crazy Stupid Love

and lots of other stuff

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I've certainly seen some of those but that doesn't mean she was rememberable. Very few actors are.

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
I had heard the name a lot but had no idea who she was.

I don't know if it's the writers or what but that show is the worst it's been in years. There's only been a handful of funny skits this season. Leslie Jones, Cecily Strong and the occasionally funny Beck Bennet are the only thing keeping that show from tanking completely.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
S42E09

Host: Some professional wrestler
Musical Guest: A women with a guitar

For the first time in a long time the opening skit (AKA "Cold Open") was arguably the best skit of the show. It's almost like they don't understand that when the other side wins they appoint people with different opinions than currently serving. Still this bit shines due to its surprise guest about 2 minutes in.

Can't say any other skits were particularly good, lets consider this next one the best of the rest-

While a poor episode overall, it was notably better than many of this seasons absolutely terrible episodes.