• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Ford Braptor

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
absolutely. I don't disagree.

just a lousy choice for a body. who restomods a fullsize bronco? meh.

Shit, do a 50's era pickup, you could prob double your money AND have something way cooler.
A FSB compared to a 1950s something are apples and oranges. The 1950s and even 1960s stuff was TINY inside.

Ralph

VIP
absolutely. I don't disagree.

just a lousy choice for a body. who restomods a fullsize bronco? meh.
I thought it was a perfect choice. One of today's best platforms in a class of vehicle that's not available from any manufacturer now.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
restore is not restomod.

& no, I don't see many restored FSB's & couldn't give a fawk.
They're fairly common out here. Lots of restored and resto modded FSB's, K5's and Ramchargers. Lots of Cummins swaps in the three here.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
They're fairly common out here. Lots of restored and resto modded FSB's, K5's and Ramchargers. Lots of Cummins swaps in the three here.
No one is swapping anything other than LSs now, even mustang guys. You can cheaply get 400hp out of a stock 6.0. Do you know how much you'd have to spend to build a 302 to get 400? :eek:

Holley did a nice walkthrough series on youtube.

LS Engine Swap On A Budget - YouTube

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
No one is swapping anything other than LSs now, even mustang guys. You can cheaply get 400hp out of a stock 6.0. Do you know how much you'd have to spend to build a 302 to get 400? :eek:

Holley did a nice walkthrough series on youtube.

LS Engine Swap On A Budget - YouTube
Buddy of mine down the road from me is a mechanic. He does a ton of LS swaps. He said the aftermarket support for the LS swaps is unreal. Interestingly enough, he doesn't care for the LS engines and refers to them as throw away. He said it is usually more cost effective to pull one that has any problems which requires internal repair and put a different one in. He does it all the time. He has a collection of "bad" LS motors at his shop. He strips them down and builds a few good ones for the next ****ed up one that comes to his shop. He says 80% of his business is swapping puked GM motors for another one. I should have him pull my Ramjet out of my YJ, install a frankenLS and dump it.

Ralph

VIP
...refers to them as throw away. He said it is usually more cost effective to pull one that has any problems which requires internal repair and put a different one in.
So, in other words, it's just another small block Chevy.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Buddy of mine down the road from me is a mechanic. He does a ton of LS swaps. He said the aftermarket support for the LS swaps is unreal. Interestingly enough, he doesn't care for the LS engines and refers to them as throw away. He said it is usually more cost effective to pull one that has any problems which requires internal repair and put a different one in. He does it all the time. He has a collection of "bad" LS motors at his shop. He strips them down and builds a few good ones for the next ****ed up one that comes to his shop. He says 80% of his business is swapping puked GM motors for another one. I should have him pull my Ramjet out of my YJ, install a frankenLS and dump it.
The only ones with known defects were the half ton vehicles with the cylinder deactivation feature. It was causing them to burn oil and some were dropping cylinders. My 6.0 doesn't have it and burns no oil between 7500 mile intervals with royal purple. I'd dump that POS ramjet on someone and go with a nice 6.0 in that rig of yours