• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Shower Heads

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
All brands have absolute shit to very nice models. I have a higher end Moen valve and trim in my shower. It's wall mounted and works very well. The 80gal w/h I installed was the finishing touch.

PF sells decent stuff. Their Canadian listed products seem to be superior to their non dual listed products. Go to a plumbing supply vendor like Ferguson to pick out some nice product. Shit at HD and Lowes is garbage.

John

Transplant
VIP
Yeah I'll go with my plumber's advice, who's been doing it since the 70s, over someone on the internets.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Im going by my experience. Thus far we've built 400+ apartments and condos in Canada, over 3,000 workforce housing units for ND and 484 workforce housing units for Canada. All PF, zero issues. The only issue we had in Canada was galvanic corrosion at three material changes at water heaters. :shrug:

RandyMolson

Close friend of Keyton
VIP
When I first bought the house, I put all Kohler in except one Moen in a shower stall. After 20 years, I have replaced that Moen valve but the Kohlers are all fine. Moen gave me the replacement free, but it was still a pain changing it, compared to no issues with Kohler.

For shower heads I use handhelds w/ massage and no flow restricters.

RandyMolson

Close friend of Keyton
VIP
Im going by my experience. Thus far we've built 400+ apartments and condos in Canada, over 3,000 workforce housing units for ND and 484 workforce housing units for Canada. All PF, zero issues. The only issue we had in Canada was galvanic corrosion at three material changes at water heaters. :shrug:
Any fixture will last a few years. :pirate:

Stu Cozza

is Good for America
You will want a hand held head if for nothing else but as a handy way of cleaning the shower

Here's one made by Pfister... imagine calling the company, and the guy with that name answers the phone, "This is Mister Pfister, may I help you?"

:eek:

Meh

Born-Again Hawaiian
VIP
Price Pfister is junk. Both apron valves are PF and both leak. Tried to replace the master with what should have been the same part, but wasn't. Won't even accept the longer stems or universal seats and seals. There was one house my parents bought with Moen everything (builder quality) and I don't remember any problems or any of my friends or neighbors having problems. I thought about getting Delta, but after I couldn't find matching parts and can't even find a plumbing supply house that carries anything Delta, and them the plumber telling me it was junk, I decided against it. As for shower heads, :wifey: bought some $45 5-position handheld that is made mostly of plastic an works about as well as the $5 one I got at Wally World when the previous outrageously-priced mastu-head fell apart. "it gets in my buttcheeks better" :clapping:

Stu Cozza

is Good for America
Delta used to make excellent stuff, but lately their quality has gone downhill. I have a Delta kitchen faucet that I had to replace at one year in (the swivel seized up); they sent me a new one at no charge via FedEx overnight, but it was still a pain. The next one will be a Moen or something else.