• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Best movie scene

Rocky III, when Apollo and Rocky are racing on the beach. For starters, there is the slow-mo zoomed in crotch shot of each man while they are sprinting in short shorts. There is the dramatic interpretation of Rocky and Adrian overcoming their fears together. You have the classic underdog who appears to be quite slow, but somehow, at age 34, defies his own genetic shortcomings and finally outraces his opponent. And then the heartfelt moment when Rocky and Apollo are jumping and hugging in the surf.

Meh

Born-Again Hawaiian
VIP
Beavis and Butthead Do America, when they are sitting around the campfire with two guys who could be their dads. "Wanna see something real cool?" from a distance you hear a fart, explosion, and a huge flaming mushroom cloud.

:jump:

Sean Mallory

Legend in my own mind
Witness

Harrison Ford (John Book) rides into town in horse and buggy with the Amish he is hiding out with. Street punks stop them in the street and a guy with an Airborne shirt smears ice cream on Book's Amish buddy's face.

Book is about to get out his buggy to do something about it...

Old Amish man: "Don't do anything. It's not our way"
Book: "But it's my way"

Reactions: SAD

Ulf Fwatling

The fight scene in They Live - wasn't even supposed to be in the movie!

Carpenter had written it as RRP punches David Keith, and the plot moves forward. The two actors practised that fight on their own for a couple weeks or so in their off time. Came to shoot, and they did the whole scene.

Carpenter was so surprised that he didn't stop filming. And, he was so impressed, he kept the first take.

The scene was, of course, resurrected in South Park for the episode "Cripple Fight."

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Star Trek IV

Klingon Bird of Prey decloaks in front of a whaling ship scaring the shit out of them before they beam up the whales.

Rocky III, when Apollo and Rocky are racing on the beach. For starters, there is the slow-mo zoomed in crotch shot of each man while they are sprinting in short shorts. There is the dramatic interpretation of Rocky and Adrian overcoming their fears together. You have the classic underdog who appears to be quite slow, but somehow, at age 34, defies his own genetic shortcomings and finally outraces his opponent. And then the heartfelt moment when Rocky and Apollo are jumping and hugging in the surf.
Based on the way this thread is moving and everyone posting actual good movie scenes, I wanted to clarify that in no way do I consider the Rocky scene a "Best scene" ever. It was so bad it made me laugh.