• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

I want to buy a Jeep

Avid

:avid:
VIP

It was my grandfather's until he died in 1994 and my uncle took and restored it (body shop) as it was pretty rough. He knew I wanted it. My dad said he wants $8k for it.

47 Willy's CJ2A I believe...

Its in Chicago now. Dad is going up in a few weeks and said he'd look it over. Has a top but no doors.

Avid

VIP
Well that'd be awesome. But this is reality. I'm not the only grand kid either...and he's married to my Grandpa's sister. And no, $8 doesn't seem unreasonable. I know he's said before he would never get out of it what was put into it.

John

Transplant
VIP
Well that'd be awesome. But this is reality. I'm not the only grand kid either...and he's married to my Grandpa's sister. And no, $8 doesn't seem unreasonable. I know he's said before he would never get out of it what was put into it.
$8 seems unreasonable to me. It's worth way more than that!

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
The MB, M38 and M38A1 had stronger frames than that 2A.

If it's sentimental and you really want it, why bother posting now and just let us all know how stoked you are to finally get your grandfather's 2A back?

Avid

VIP
$5k now. Uncle dropped it when my dad said I was interested in it.

Dad is going to be there Oct 10 to see them anyway so he's going to check it out and see how the mechanics are. Body is perfect

Ralph

VIP
$5k now. Uncle dropped it when my dad said I was interested in it.

Dad is going to be there Oct 10 to see them anyway so he's going to check it out and see how the mechanics are. Body is perfect
Sounds like a no-brainer. At least you're not having to fight the general public at an auction, which is what wifey had to do if she wanted anything from any of her grandparents' estates.

Avid

VIP
Going to try and track down some manuals and parts list. I think I have a printed version at home.