• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
You guys realize that this is 2015, right? Nobody is building games that are primarily for offline play. That's not a console vs PC thing, it's just the evolution of gaming. A company that made offline only games is going to be out of business before they get started in 2015, and you're not going to get network play with fixes to problems and fresh content without installs and downloads.

The difference between PC and console today is really only two things. Primarily the input device, but also the system configuration. Console games have a fixed equipment requirement. PCs have to be upgraded to run the latest and greatest.
You realize why console gaming exists, right? If you can't walk into a store and buy a console and game and then go home and play it (no strings attached) then console gaming has lost its way. They should at the very least mark the game case to say "this has to download a lot of shit to install" so you know what's coming.

Justin

Damn.
VIP
You realize why console gaming exists, right? If you can't walk into a store and buy a console and game and then go home and play it (no strings attached) then console gaming has lost its way. They should at the very least mark the game case to say "this has to download a lot of shit to install" so you know what's coming.
Downloadable updates just made software developers that much more lazy and allows them to push utter shit out the door and (in theory) fix it later.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
You're extending the concept of knowing that your console can play the game (as opposed to your PC maybe meeting the minimum requirements) when you get home to simply tossing the game in and being ready to play. I disagree there, given that it's 2015 and nobody is making blockbuster single player games. It simply just doesn't happen anymore and probably never will again. That's like me saying that "PC gaming has lost it's way" because I don't have to go to a LAN party to play multiplayer games anymore.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
No desire to hear a bunch of 14 year old turds talking about shizzlemynizzles and shit like that. It's like a giant white kid trying to sound like a * fest when playing online. Fawk that.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
You're extending the concept of knowing that your console can play the game (as opposed to your PC maybe meeting the minimum requirements) when you get home to simply tossing the game in and being ready to play. I disagree there, given that it's 2015 and nobody is making blockbuster single player games. It simply just doesn't happen anymore and probably never will again. That's like me saying that "PC gaming has lost it's way" because I don't have to go to a LAN party to play multiplayer games anymore.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that. I feel I should be able to hand a nephew a console and some games in boxes for Christmas and know that he could go home and play them. It's really the only high point console gaming had.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Sega Genesis was the high point of console gaming. It had "blast processing." Don't mind its 64 color limitation.

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
I'm pretty sure fall out is a blockbuster game.

GreenGeep

Timber Baron
VIP
lol. People hiding away in mommy's basement to meet their e-friends at a certain time to jerk joysticks with.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Halo 5, Fallout 4, Forza 6 -- all released in the month of November (which is just halfway over) and are "blockbuster single player" games. You live in a metro area with a plethora of internet access. Think about people that live in who-the-****-knows Kentucky or Georgia. I can't go to WalMart or Amazon.com and buy a game, take it home, and then play it. That's what's ****ed up. 50+GB download instead of four discs in the box -- that's complete horseshit.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Halo 5 is hardly just a singleplayer game. Can't speak for the others.

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
Halo 5, Fallout 4, Forza 6 -- all released in the month of November (which is just halfway over) and are "blockbuster single player" games. You live in a metro area with a plethora of internet access. Think about people that live in who-the-****-knows Kentucky or Georgia. I can't go to WalMart or Amazon.com and buy a game, take it home, and then play it. That's what's ****ed up. 50+GB download instead of four discs in the box -- that's complete horseshit.
Or BF arkansas!

Last edited:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Saying something is a single player game is not at all the same as saying something is JUST a single player game. I done have to play halo 5 online to enjoy it - know what I'm saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.