• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Floor Plan

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Talked to builder last night. Upstairs bath on the left wall adds substantial cost due to distance from other water fixtures. Could join additional sewer line outside underground, but cost is the issue. Also, can't have closet without window.

Meeting with architect on Saturday.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
i hate how your front door just dumps right into the living space. a house this size should have a proper foyer/entry-way...

nice apartment.
And dumps into a staircase. Raised ranch much? Actually, a raised ranch has an entryway because of the split staircase. jjj

FinlayZJ

Doing hoodrat things
VIP
The new studor vents are actually key. They are nothing like the old ones. We've had to use them in certain venting applications and got extremely strict jurisdictions to approve them with a sample sent including cutsheets.
I'm the engineer of record and sometimes the AHJ: Fawk your studor vents. :jump:

Revision 2 Upstairs: Didn't make sense to have such large bedrooms. Really did seem wasted. Split it into three rooms with two full baths, one that is shared between two rooms. Much better use of space. The issue I see is that the rear bedroom doesn't have a window. Might actually work better for an office, but probably wouldn't make sense to have the large shared bath with independent sinks per room. Need to think on that some. Might actually make sense to add a couple rear dormers, but that again adds cost.
Why not jack and jill bathroom for two of the bedrooms? Do you really need 3 upstairs?

I have 4 bedrooms upstairs in my home and 3 share one full with a double vanity and then the master has its own. Lots of cost involved with a bathroom.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
I'm the engineer of record and sometimes the AHJ: Fawk your studor vents. :jump:
We deal with engineer drivel all the time and always get them to cave. Especially when the owner crawls up their consultant's ass with a Stihl Wood Boss at max RPM wielding it around in an enraged manner after they find out we can't vent it any other way without costing a shitload of money and hindering space that's already at a minimum and won't pass ADA criteria.

Except in Canada. jjj

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
We deal with engineer drivel all the time and always get them to cave. Especially when the owner crawls up their consultant's ass with a Stihl Wood Boss at max RPM wielding it around in an enraged manner after they find out we can't vent it any other way without costing a shitload of money and hindering space that's already at a minimum and won't pass ADA criteria.

Except in Canada. jjj
Fawk Canada

FinlayZJ

Doing hoodrat things
VIP
Well it was in the contract documents so you'll need to credit the owner back the money saved using a studor vent. :pirate:

Last edited: