• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

First day LOL at the Masters

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
That was painful to watch, especially someone as accomplished as Els.

I can honestly say I've never taken more than 4 putts on any one green. And I'm pretty sure that only happened to me once.

3-putts, on the other hand, rear their ugly head virtually every round :shush:

BlackDak

Banned
VIP

I can honestly say I've never taken more than 4 putts on any one green. And I'm pretty sure that only happened to me once.

Sad that first hole kept him from playing the weekend.

Masters fact of the day Spieth has played 10 rounds at Augusta 7 rounds in the lead or with a share of the lead. He has only one round outside of the top 3

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Sad that first hole kept him from playing the weekend.

Masters fact of the day Spieth has played 10 rounds at Augusta 7 rounds in the lead or with a share of the lead. He has only one round outside of the top 3
That kid is a ****ing phenom. His attitude makes it even better - so humble and polite, like he doesn't know he's amazing.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium

I've never putted more than four times, but that's because I know when it's time for a shitty golfer like myself to pick that ball up and walk to the next tee box :clapping:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Or in my case swing the putter like a fairway wood and drive that f'ing ball deep into the woods. :rotflmao:
The best thing I can do with my putter is scoop the ball up with the back side of it. I can't putt for shit. My buddy that I play with said one day "man, you can miss any putt in the world by an inch" :jump: He's right - I can hit a ****ing triple-breaker from 30 feet and miss by an inch, and I can hit a one inch straight putt and miss by an inch :jump: I've never heard anyone say "nice putt," but I constantly hear "that's it...AWWWW..."

BobKid

Bite me!
VIP
I got so pissed off once that I played the final 6 holes of a round with nothing but my putter. :rotflmao: I could tee it up and drive that sucker about 165 straight down the fairway. :clapping: Actually parred 2 of the 6 holes and no worse than double bogey on the others. Best 6 holes of the whole f'ing round.

Then I looked at my putter afterward and found out I'd caved in the face of it ~1/4" by using it as a driver. :owned:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I got so pissed off once that I played the final 6 holes of a round with nothing but my putter. :rotflmao: I could tee it up and drive that sucker about 165 straight down the fairway. :clapping: Actually parred 2 of the 6 holes and no worse than double bogey on the others. Best 6 holes of the whole f'ing round.

Then I looked at my putter afterward and found out I'd caved in the face of it ~1/4" by using it as a driver. :owned:

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
That was brutal.

When he hit the first in to the water on 12 I was wondering if he talked himself in to that. Heard him asking his caddie if that club would be too long, so I bet he took something off the swing, either consciously or not, and ended up a little short, rolling in to the water.

Sucks to see that happen.

BlackDak

Banned
VIP
That was brutal.

When he hit the first in to the water on 12 I was wondering if he talked himself in to that. Heard him asking his caddie if that club would be too long, so I bet he took something off the swing, either consciously or not, and ended up a little short, rolling in to the water.

Sucks to see that happen.

yeah that was what I was thinking, he tried to slow down and just blocked it