• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Ford owner check in.

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
Don't own it but my company truck is a '15 f250 superduty 4x2 gasser. I've had it about six months and it has 22k on the odometer. Our whole fleet is ford gassers ranging from f150 lariats to 4 door f250 fx4s. 90% of our trucks are just like mine and take a beating. Our maintenance schedule is every 5000 miles but that doesn't always happen. Aside from stuff like the AC getting clogged with dust or the occasional exhaust leak we rarely have problems with them. These trucks are ride hard and put up wet and keep going. Shitty lease roads, heavy trailers and ridiculous idle hours and they just don't stop. If I needed a work truck, the gas f250 would be at the top of my list. I would probably opt for 4x4 though.

Last edited:

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Closest I've ever come to owning a ford is when ford gave me a truck to drive for a month and followed me with a camera crew.

Oh, and a Mercury villager I sold for my parents.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
The drivers door fell off, the rear end locked up and destroyed the drive-train, a trooper pulled me over because the passenger side tail light fell out and was dragging behind the car. All in the first 6 months of ownership. This car was beyond bad.
Holy hell :clapping: That thing must have been built on Christmas Eve AND a Friday.

Ralph

VIP
Growing up, Dad was a Ford mechanic specializing in differentials. My padres had a 1986 Mercury Topaz. Aside from a head gasket that failed under warranty, that thing kept on going. It got bounced off a deer the day they paid it off... some bitch backed out of her driveway into the passenger quarter... Dad drove the shit out of it till at least 1997.

Best truck I ever owned was a 1989 F150 with the 302/4-speed combo. Bought it for 1400 bucks with a clean body and an ignition miss. Stuck a few hundy into a new ignition module and some other stuff... awesome truck. I drove it every day and sold it 2 years later for 2k. The guy who bought it from me still DDs it.

SAD

Wants $4.50 Gas
VIP
Oh wait...

On the Durango, I had 77 Bronco hubs and rotors.... does that count?

slideways

:wifey: 08 Edge. Had a plug go bad at 90k causing the car to thump hard under a load which even to me felt like a trans issue. Started dripping black fluid on the floor last fall which is a failed Power Transmission Unit "transfer case" blowing gear oil out of the vent. Lifetime fill by Ford.. never needs servicing. $1200 replacement coming shortly unless this one locks up completely. Every AWD Edge Escape Flex and 500 from like 2007-2012 has this unit installed and will have failure at some point. Last Ford for me unless a 4cyl 5sp Ranger.

Ardvark

I've owned probably 20 cars and only 1 was a ford. 2000 windstar.

Was ok

Last edited:

Ardvark

Oh crap...I forgot I currently own an explorer. Have had it about four or five months now and have seen it 2 or 3 times because my daughter has it at school

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
when I had the tranny rebuilt on my ZJ, the shop gave me a ZX2 with 200K on the clock for a loaner. I almost told them to keep the Jeep.

One week later another customer totaled it. I was crushed.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I'm considering buying a Focus RS or ST. Most likely see an RS in the stable in a year or two.