• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

How to watch the Republican Convention

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
Friend of mine works for AT&T, downtown. Had the scanner on all day and says some protesters were throwing "poo and pee bombs."

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Chris Christie's speech turns into his "prosecution" of Hillary Clinton, listing all the things she's guilty of, and then having the audience past judgement.

His first charge however is about she wanted to remove the dictator of Libya (Gaddafi) and how because of it the country fell into anarchy and then became a hotbed for ISIS. I was kind of like "ixnay ethay oppletay away ictatorday urnstay intoway aoschay
alktay." Toppling a powerful but evil tyrant that turned into chaos, thousands dead, and and ultimately an ISIS hotspot sounds like something a republican did. I know, Bush didn't pull the troops out and ISIS didn't come until Obama pulled the troops out, but it's not a thing you want to have to defend.

Other than that, some interesting stuff, I didn't know she had anything to do with the schoolgirls in Nigeria.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Tiffany Trump- the Trump we've yet to see or hear from this campaign. All good things to say about dad.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Some woman golfer... I've never heard of her. She talks about how Trump taught her to be a business person instead of a female athlete and it changed her life. :shrug:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
The Attorney General of Arkansas. "Hillary will lie even when the truth would serve her better."

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Chris Cox, an NRA lobbyist talks about what will happen when Hillary gets elected and Hillary's Supreme Court rules we don't have a right to protect ourselves with a guns at home.

"Voting for Hillary Clinton, or not voting, is simply not an option."

"For the rest of her life Hillary will never even think of dialing 911."

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Donald Trump Jr. - "Pouring sheetrock... errr... pouring concrete and hanging sheetrock..." :laugh:

"We didn't learn from MBAs, we learned from people with doctorates in common sense!"

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I didn't know who this was, some soap opera star, but she gave a great speech concerning small business and women.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Mike Pence - VP Nominee... Was a democrat until Reagan. His biggest influences as a kid were JFK and MLK Jr.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
You think? A lot of things I've read say that's his early entry to the 2020 race.
He didn't come close to getting the nomination this time, why would he do better in 4 years?

It's one thing when the actual nominee loses the general by a couple points and tries again, but Cruz didn't even get close to the nomination and half the votes he did get were just anti-Trump votes. Anyone still in the race not named Trump would have gotten those votes.

Cruz just isn't likable. He may become a radio host or something.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
He didn't come close to getting the nomination this time, why would he do better in 4 years?
He won't. Just like Kasich staying in the race long after he had no chance, and he's supposedly going to run in 2020 as well.

I don't get the speculation either. Maybe his constituents will boot him out and he'll end up on FNC or like you said, the radio.