• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Lol Jeep Grand Cherokee

ccsp

Hello internet
VIP
Good Lord!!!! Thats only a few on the first 2 pages of one forum!

HEMI overhearting @ 1600km/997 miles - JeepForum.com

Air Suspension Issue - JeepForum.com

fed up - JeepForum.com

Front Shimmy - JeepForum.com

Radio Cuts off on Speed Bumps - JeepForum.com

WK2 Electrical Issue - Interior Electrical Systems Cut Out + All Indicators Light Up - JeepForum.com

and just for giggles....the Problems and Warranty Issues section covering 27yrs combined of 4Runner models and the 1st page has posts 2 months old.

Problems Warranty Issues - Toyota 4Runner Forum

WOW! I researched that jeepgarage site a lot while shopping the new 4Runner. I wanted the Grand. I like it more in nearly every category other than unibody and it falling apart within a year. I mean, I was reading shit like wires in the headliner catching on fire, engines seizing, catching on fire, water leaking in pooling up on the floor. Seems like the same shit. Are the new Wranglers this shitty.....because you turds have me researching 2012 JKU Pewbicons.....:jump:

:bigrofl:

John

Transplant
VIP
I rarely see them break down at work and we have thousands of them. The only times that i see them shopped are when they get wrecked, or occasionally I've seen them have transmission problems. The latter surprised me because that is a stout transmission, but its not very common.

ccsp

Hello internet
VIP
I rarely see them break down at work and we have thousands of them. The only times that i see them shopped are when they get wrecked, or occasionally I've seen them have transmission problems. The latter surprised me because that is a stout transmission, but its not very common.
You dont have THOUSANDS of them. Id bet you have 3 or 4 like most Enterprise lots.

John

Transplant
VIP
You dont have THOUSANDS of them. Id bet you have 3 or 4 like most Enterprise lots.
I don't work at an enterprise lot. I'm talking about the break down switch outs that I have to coordinate and all of the issues that i see with them when pulling inventory.

I'm honestly to the point that I think all new cars are pieces of shit. Everything from the Toyotas to the Chryslers break down when brand new. A lot of it is probably abuse, but it really doesn't seem like any of them are impervious to it.

ccsp

Hello internet
VIP
I don't work at an enterprise lot. I'm talking about the break down switch outs that I have to coordinate and all of the issues that i see with them when pulling inventory.

I'm honestly to the point that I think all new cars are pieces of shit. Everything from the Toyotas to the Chryslers break down when brand new. A lot of it is probably abuse, but it really doesn't seem like any of them are impervious to it.
4Runners dont :shrug: Im not saying that to be a 4Runner Fan Boi dork because I have one. Maybe its cuz its 100% made in Japan at their best factory. :shrug: FWIW, the owner of the dealer I bought from sat down and talked with me for a while the day I bought. The conversation started because he was asking if my BMW was all wheel drive, then we chatted about my job and our military service etc...he goes on to say that for years he always drove a Land Cruiser. He said since 2006 he has only driven 4Runners. And so do his 3 kids. He has owned the dealer, selling only Toyota since 1976 and he said he thinks the 4Runner is the best vehicle they make. :usflag:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
My friend bought an early WK2- nothing but problems, she always has a loaner. At first dealer was good about fixing things, now they are starting to make it more difficult. Hopefully Jeep will get their act together soon.

TacticalFats

Odometer of The Beast
VIP
My dented, embarassing WT 97 XJ has no issues. No leaks, everything works, etc. This is my 2nd 97 XJ. Between the two, I've put well over 100k and they have never broken down, ever, nor needed any significant repairs.

It's a 14 year old rattle trap, gas hogging cramped piece of shit, but it's reliable, and has been paid off for many, many years.

If I paid ~$40k for a new Jeep, I'd expect perfection and would lose my shit if the radio cut out over bumps as much as if the motor seized. Unacceptable.

"Imported from Detroit" = Imported from Mogadishu.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
4Runners dont :shrug: Im not saying that to be a 4Runner Fan Boi dork because I have one. Maybe its cuz its 100% made in Japan at their best factory. :shrug: FWIW, the owner of the dealer I bought from sat down and talked with me for a while the day I bought. The conversation started because he was asking if my BMW was all wheel drive, then we chatted about my job and our military service etc...he goes on to say that for years he always drove a Land Cruiser. He said since 2006 he has only driven 4Runners. And so do his 3 kids. He has owned the dealer, selling only Toyota since 1976 and he said he thinks the 4Runner is the best vehicle they make. :usflag:
:japflag:

My 99 was all right other than the leaking roof rack. Better than my WJs, that's for sure.

Hubjeep

:hub: :hub2:
Ultra-Premium
Sounds like outliers, you can find this chit about anything on the INTERNETS. Which makes me wonder how ranpant problems really are with new TDI.

My friend bought an early WK2- nothing but problems... Hopefully Jeep will get their act together soon.
On the other hand, the 2009 WK2 mother drives has only required oil changes and spark plugs so far, now it has about 64K miles.

Deere1

My friend bought an early WK2- nothing but problems, she always has a loaner. At first dealer was good about fixing things, now they are starting to make it more difficult. Hopefully Jeep will get their act together soon.
He should have bought a Tahoe... And Jeep will never get their act together.

ccsp

Hello internet
VIP
Unless Chevy gives the GSA all the f@cked up Tahoes, Id say those are all shit too. I have a Tahoe @ work and they are replaced about every 3 yrs. The 03s were good. All the 07s are shit and the 2010s are falling apart all before 5K miles. Couple nights ago I was coasting up to an ATM and heard this audible BANG from underneath....scared the SHIT out of me. I think it was the transmission doing something. Lol