• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

JK owners

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
I just want a two-door Sport with a hard top (plus a top hoist for the garage and a safari top). Other than a/c and maybe bluetoofs, I don't see any other options I need. I never carry more than one passenger in my car, so the four-door is more than I would need. We have :wifey: Volvo for multiple passengers anyway.

I priced one out at $25,255. Plus I'd need another $800 for decent tires, $200 for the safari top, $250 for the top hoist and maybe $200 for additional doo-dads.

Maybe there will be some big rebates come fall :shush:

kthrash, is yours a six-speed or an auto?

kthrash

I have Automotive A.D.D.
VIP
I just want a two-door Sport with a hard top (plus a top hoist for the garage and a safari top). Other than a/c and maybe bluetoofs, I don't see any other options I need. I never carry more than one passenger in my car, so the four-door is more than I would need. We have :wifey: Volvo for multiple passengers anyway.

I priced one out at $25,255. Plus I'd need another $800 for decent tires, $200 for the safari top, $250 for the top hoist and maybe $200 for additional doo-dads.

Maybe there will be some big rebates come fall :shush:

kthrash, is yours a six-speed or an auto?
I want a 4 door Sahara loaded, except with soft top and 6 speed. May be ordering one in the near future. :D

Hubjeep

:hub: :hub2:
Ultra-Premium
Fawkers hold their value, buying new is not that bad of an idea, especially with moar better 2012 engine. :beerchug:

JLS

JUOT Refugee
VIP
damn jeeps actually GAIN value. I'd have to pay like 3k more now than when I bought more than five years ago to get same/similar TJcar.

Hubjeep

Ultra-Premium
An elantra gets the same mileage as the tdi using cheaper fuel and is a better car.
Diesel mileage is starting to suck, and gasser mileage is getting better. Also, read about HPFP failure in TDI. :eek:

There will always be hardcore diesel folks that only have Benz or VW to choose from.

Hubjeep

Ultra-Premium
damn jeeps actually GAIN value. I'd have to pay like 3k more now than when I bought more than five years ago to get same/similar TJcar.
They seem to increase about $1K a year.

I have seen 1990 YJ ad's for $9K new.
Around year 2000 I was TJ shopping... $20K or so new.
Today about $30K.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Diesel mileage is starting to suck, and gasser mileage is getting better. Also, read about HPFP failure in TDI. :eek:

There will always be hardcore diesel folks that only have Benz or VW to choose from.
There will always be idiots. Diesel for anything other than pulling heavy loads in trucks is foolish.