• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Toight Show

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
Leno's last show was boring. I don't mind the Garage shows on YouTube but his Tonight Show had gone stale.

I am no raging Jimmy Fallon fan, but I watched the first Fallon Tonight Show and thought it was okay. I want to see how the Seth Myers show in Fallon's old spot is. Myers does a good job on Weekend Update, but is he funny enough to carry a whole hour?

AND I think it's odd that Lorne Michaels has control of all of NBC's late night. SNL hasn't been funny for years, so let's hand him all the weekday shows too!

Last edited:

mnLiberty

JUOT
VIP
Leno's last show was boring. I don't mind the Garage shows on YouTube but his Tonight Show had gone stale.

I am no raging Jimmy Fallon fan, but I watched the first Fallon Tonight Show and thought it was okay. I want to see how the Seth Myers show in Fallon's old spot is. Myers does a good job on Weekend Update, but is he funny enough to carry a whole hour?

AND I think it's odd that Lorne Michaels has control of all of NBC's late night. SNL hasn't been funny for years, so let's hand him all the weekday shows too!
The tonight show definitely had gone stale- they should have never brought Leno back. I never saw Jimmy's previous late night show so didn't get to see him work out the kinks in his shtick but I already prefer him over Conan.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
I've probably seen more Conan here at work than I ever did at home. Letterman made a few changes when he went to 11:30, but I keep hearing Conan tried to do the same show he was doing at 12:30 and that was part of the problem.

mcatdtJEEP

I have never found Conan funny.... just weird. I know the act is funny to many people... and that's fine... just always one off from what I found really funny.

I never have got tied up in all the late night talk show stuff though. again, never been a big fan of the entire thing.

Fallon's "evolution of xxxxx" with various people like Will Smith and Timberlake is hilarious, but beyond that, I don't know what else he does. I do believe he's talented singer/dancer, but whatever. I'm in bed by 8:00 so you can guess how many shows I watch late night.

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
I like Leno as a car guy but as a "comedian" he annoys the piss out of me. I just don't find him funny. His bass player laughing all the time didn't help either.

mnLiberty

JUOT
VIP
People watch this garbage?
It had been a while since I saw the tonight show as Leno was no longer amusing me. I have watched the new shows with Fallon this week and have been pleasantly surprised. I watch Craig Ferguson every now and then.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
It had been a while since I saw the tonight show as Leno was no longer amusing me. I have watched the new shows with Fallon this week and have been pleasantly surprised. I watch Craig Ferguson every now and then.
Never understood why people give a fawk about what celebrities do or say. It's just some tard with parakeet skills.

Justin

Damn.
VIP
Never understood why people give a fawk about what celebrities do or say. It's just some tard with parakeet skills.
While I agree with you, that is not the discussion here.

The topic is whether or not Leno is funny and enjoyable to watch as the host of a show. :shrug:

mnLiberty

JUOT
VIP
I was not watching the entertainment show for political commentary etc. It is a comedy show that has an interview or two for some new movie or music coming out that I may be interested in seeing, plus musical performances. Just entertainment. Nothing more.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I was not watching the entertainment show for political commentary etc. It is a comedy show that has an interview or two for some new movie or music coming out that I may be interested in seeing, plus musical performances. Just entertainment. Nothing more.
Oh.

Meh

Born-Again Hawaiian
VIP
Letterman > *

Although Jimmy Fallon is pretty entertaining when JT or some hot chick is on...