• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Don't Say Maybe If You Want To Say No.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Forever 21 Removes Creepy Graphic Tee From Its Website

Apparently this shirt by Forever 21 is offensive to women?

I have to say, most of the time when I see people cry about being offended I at least see on some level why they were offended (like the black guy getting hung by white people photo being used as restaurant decoration) but this?

If anything I think this sends a positive message to women. It's honest- Don't play with someone's feelings- if you're not interested in someone, be truthful, don't waste their time or yours.

Are the 2 or 3 JU Women offended by this shirt?

Ardvark

It is offensive. Sex for most women is a process and things have to feel right and things have to fall in place so the consent can be yes to kisssing yes to fondling yes to alot of things maybe to oral no to intercourse.
By taking away their rights to approve every action you are minimizing sex to alot less than what the women perceives it to be. She can start intercourse and change her mind mid stream

It's tough for men to process this idea

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Well then those women shouldn't waste their time with men wearing this shirt. Better for everyone.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
It is offensive. Sex for most women is a process and things have to feel right and things have to fall in place so the consent can be yes to kisssing yes to fondling yes to alot of things maybe to oral no to intercourse.
By taking away their rights to approve every action you are minimizing sex to alot less than what the women perceives it to be. She can start intercourse and change her mind mid stream

It's odd, to me at least, that you go straight to a sexual connotation. It doesn't even have a sexual (or male-female) vibe IMO. To me it's more a statement about personality than sex. In the age of hurt feelings, people are afraid to just reject things they don't want to do. Instead they're wishy washy. Like when you invite people over for a party and they say "maybe", knowing damn well they're not going to come.

I'm not even sure I've ever had a girl say "maybe" to anything sexual in nature. Possibly as a response to "do you want to go out sometime", but that's even a stretch to get anything sexual out of it.

FinlayZJ

Doing hoodrat things
VIP
It is offensive. Sex for most women is a process and things have to feel right and things have to fall in place so the consent can be yes to kissing yes to fondling yes to alot of things maybe to oral no to intercourse.

How dare you assign gender and pronouns to the context of this shirt you gender identity bigot.

BobKid

Bite me!
VIP
Post reported for offensive content.

Edit: Also, now that this image was posted here, does that mean I can be offended by it and subsequently sue Joe since he owns it now?
Joe really needs to add a trigger warning to the thread title and provide a safe place for those who might be traumatized by this t-shirt :grouphug:

Ardvark

It's odd, to me at least, that you go straight to a sexual connotation. It doesn't even have a sexual (or male-female) vibe IMO. To me it's more a statement about personality than sex. In the age of hurt feelings, people are afraid to just reject things they don't want to do. Instead they're wishy washy. Like when you invite people over for a party and they say "maybe", knowing damn well they're not going to come.

I'm not even sure I've ever had a girl say "maybe" to anything sexual in nature. Possibly as a response to "do you want to go out sometime", but that's even a stretch to get anything sexual out of it.
Oh ok. I forgot you like to argue about anything and everything.