• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

I just bought the world's rustiest CJ7

gcb

VIP
but at least it runs perfectly...
1979 CJ7
304 V8, 3 spd, Dana 20 TC
$900

It doesn't look horrible in the pictures, but the body is about to fall off the frame.
And I got a YJ tub for free last week...

John

Transplant
VIP
What kind of shape is the frame in? I can't imagine it being much better. Man thats gonna be a lot of work...

You buy that thing up north or something? :puzzled:

gcb

VIP
The rear of the frame needs a little bit of TLC, but the rest didn't look too bad. Once the tub is off of it it'll be real easy to fix. I hope.

I bought it from a guy in Asheville, but he lived in Ohio for a long time with it. He had it for 22 or 23 years.

Taz

SORRY N SHIT!
VIP
it's not officially "the rustiest" until you can't lift it on a car hoist anymore, because the lift pads will go UP and the car stays on the ground :eek:

John in MA

They see me rollin'
VIP
A friend of mine used to drive a Mazda B-series (not a really old one) where the rear spring mounts had gone through the frame and through the bed itself. The springs were just poking out of the deck, not connected to anything.