• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

World's Rustiest CJ7, Part 4

gcb

VIP
I've done a lot of small things and spent a good bit more money than I was planning, but this thing is coming back together. I picked up a set of 38" swampers (larger than I wanted; I wanted to stick with 37s) and set the tub on this weekend. It is WAY too tall. I'm going to remove the 1" body lift, so that will help some. I'd still like to lower it another 3-6". Right now I just want to get it drivable, so I'm going to leave the suspension as it sits. After a while, I think I'm going to go SUA with the leaves I've got now. There will be enough room to keep the 38s if I lower that way (about 5"). It barely fits in the garage right now.

HDC

Fiercely mediocre
Were you planning on stretching the back end? Or is trimming the body the plan to fix that backend misalignment?