• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Any one read the Song of Fire and Ice books by George R.R. Martin?

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Anyone with a two-initial middle name can't be good :pirate:

squirrely

skwirlie fing
Next on my list. Since I bought the Nook in December I've read a dozen or so books. Game of Thrones is next in line though I hesitate to start a series.

RhodeIslandRed

The man, myth and legend©
Next on my list. Since I bought the Nook in December I've read a dozen or so books. Game of Thrones is next in line though I hesitate to start a series.
IIRC there are supposed to be 7 books. I got about 3/4 through book 3 when the story line made me mad enough to throw the book across the room and I haven't picked it up since. I'll get back to it eventually.

squirrely

skwirlie fing
Bad writing or did he get you emotionally tied up in what was going on then pull the rug out?

I love authors who have the brass ones to kill/destroy likable main characters.

RhodeIslandRed

The man, myth and legend©
Bad writing or did he get you emotionally tied up in what was going on then pull the rug out?

I love authors who have the brass ones to kill/destroy likable main characters.
He pulled the rug.
You should enjoy this series. No one is sacred. The characters are very complicated and as the story progresses the distinction of who is a "bad guy" gets very muddied. In fact, I am not even sure at this point if the Others are the true enemy.

Winter is Coming.

squirrely

skwirlie fing
No one should be sacred. No one's sacred in real life. I guess I should go ahead an buy it though I especially hate series that aren't finished and with the HBO program I wonder if he'll rush the last ones. I heard that complaint about Harry Potter from my boys. First one was polished and fantastic and they waned from there.

Did you watch it? I haven't and won't until I've read at least the first one.

Mark

Ay Caramba!
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Read the entire series, was good reading. Waiting for season 2 of the HBO series.

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
:wifey: and kiddo got the books for me for father's day. i'm 3/4 through the first so far and enjoying it.

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
IIRC there are supposed to be 7 books. I got about 3/4 through book 3 when the story line made me mad enough to throw the book across the room and I haven't picked it up since. I'll get back to it eventually.
:bugeyed: I'll be damn... wasn't expecting that twist at all :( Old bastard Frey... :panic: DAMN