• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

What kind of appliances are decent nowadays?

Ralph

VIP
We're thinking good quality top load washer with no agitator, and matching dryer.

I've never bought appliances before. We're using the 30 year old hand me down Maytag set that mom and dad gave us when we moved into our house 8.5 years ago

John

Transplant
VIP
I haven't bought a washing machine in ten yrs so I'm no help, but why no agitator?

Stu Cozza

is Good for America
His g strings get all bound up in the agitator
But the E, B, D, A, and E strings do not? Never put the guitar in the washing machine. :nono:

Seriously, I have a Maytag top loader that is ~10 years old and has no agitator... works great and no problems yet. I really thought it would have STB by now, but still works like a champ.

Ralph

VIP
Agitators reduce capacity and they do cause wear on clothes. But mainly the capacity thing.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
All of them are good for the most part. Maytags are good. I don't like LG or Samsung.

I haven't bought a washing machine in ten yrs so I'm no help, but why no agitator?
Agitators wear out clothes and they are now excluded on high efficiency top load washing machines.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
I assume you have solid reasoning for this statement. Please elaborate :beerchug:
From my company's standpoint, they won't sell to me direct and they haven't been around nearly as long as the other brands - Whirlpool Corp., Electrolux Corp., GE - so they don't have the warm and fuzzy street cred.

On a personal level, my folks and sisters have owned LG and Samsung W/D's and they were problematic. All replaced with Frigidaire front loaders.

Ralph

VIP
Just out of curiosity, where does Kenmore stack up in this.
Nowhere, because I won't deal with the local Sears dealer store. **** them sideways with a cactus. No other Sears store will deliver them to me. Territorial bastards they are.

kthrash

I have Automotive A.D.D.
VIP
I like our Samsungs.. had them for about 6 years now.. only issue is the dryer belt IMO is too thin and tears up every 2 years.. of course we use the dryer damn near every day and 3-4 times on the weekend.. Easy enough to replace with about 10 bolts..