• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

2nd Monitor - Wireless - USB to VGA Wireless Setup

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Amazon.com: IOGear GUW2015VKIT Wireless USB to VGA Kit: Electronics

Originally I was looking for simply a wireless adapter to hook to the vga out of a computer (or in this case projector OUT) and a receiver so a second monitor could diplsay the same screen somewhere else in the room without wires... I was going to deal with whatever PITA this would throw me by mounting a transmitter on the projector itself, or the ceiling, maybe with 2 sided tape or something...

This solves that by sending the signal directly from the computer itself (which is inside a closet with plenty of space and power strips and such) and I can just set it via software to 'mirror' what's on the main screen... It says it can only do full streaming video at 1024x768 but that's fine since 95% of it will be static powerpoint slides and we only do it at 1024x768 anyway...

Also almosty $50 cheaper from Amazon then CDW was showing us even with our discount.