• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

According to other forums here and elsewhere - JU/OT is like a den of angry lions.

I think the "mob mentality" on here is totally ridiculous and the reason no one new ever stays around very long. I don't even remember when this "no pic no voice" deal showed up.

WGAF if they don't post a pic? WGAF if it's an AE? Don't ya'll remember when AEs were fun and it was mostly just the regulars trying to figure out who they were.

The stupid quiz thing is even more ridiculous IMO.
the "no pic no voice" thing started not long after the Remington Drake debacle I believe.

the "quiz" was supposed to be a joke, I hate that thing a little more each time it is brought up :(

Oats

Every time I see a post related to vehicles I scream because the truth is I’ve never driven before
I picked a great forum

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
Every time I see a post related to vehicles I scream because the truth is I’ve never driven before
I picked a great forum
This forum originated when Jeeps Unlimited off topic was dropped from the Jeeps Unlimited forum. Joe stepped up and created Joe's Unlimited Off Topic to accommodate the people who were lost and confused due to the lack of their favorite place to hang out and harass each other, and here we all are years later. Therefore, lots of vehicle talk, even occasionally Jeep talk, but at least as many have sworn off Jeeps as still run them.
:beerchug:

Oats

This forum originated when Jeeps Unlimited off topic was dropped from the Jeeps Unlimited forum. Joe stepped up and created Joe's Unlimited Off Topic to accommodate the people who were lost and confused due to the lack of their favorite place to hang out and harass each other, and here we all are years later. Therefore, lots of vehicle talk, even occasionally Jeep talk, but at least as many have sworn off Jeeps as still run them.
:beerchug:
Hahaha well the name makes a lot more sense now at least

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Great thread

:jump:
This is right when we got canned, isn't it?

I remember the night well, actually. My wife was getting irritated as hell because I was in the office on my computer instead of spending time with her. I was talking back and forth with Joe, WillyT, Justin, and a couple others on a temporary forum that either Joe or Justin set up trying to get a new home. I tried to explain it to her - "look, this can't make sense to you, but I have dozens of friends that I've never actually met but talk to every day. Someone just burned our house down, and we're at risk of losing contact with each other completely if we don't do something very quickly." She just rolled her eyes and left me alone.

We actually talked about it recently because someone she met once ten years ago deleted their facebook profile and she was upset because they shared recipes and dog pictures, so she finally understood what my forum(s) were all about and why it seemed so important. If we had all just scattered like cockroaches who would I talk to about teabagging and shit?