• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

AmazonBasics Oil

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
From what I've read, it's just Warren Oil Company's low end synthetic that is also sold at Walmart. Just used it for the second time in my 530. Changed at about 4800mi. Going to send a sample to Blackstone Labs and see how it stands up. Car has 183k. Averaged 860mi/week on the last change.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
I haven't heard complaints but I also haven't spent much looking into it. Amazon has another brand which is the oem for subaru and is similar in price. May try it sometime.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Pulled samples at 183k and 188k and sent to Blackstone. Both came back with glowing results with additional life left and low number on the various wear indicators.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
You want the actual numbers? Said a couple posts back that they both came back with glowing results. Can probably upload the PDFs.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I’ve used Warren synth for about a decade now. Good oil as far as I can tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro