• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

ATTN: ALL OF JUOT - I have a shocking, sad, and upsettings announcement...

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I've remastered the video, made it brighter (where there was at least some light) though it's still very dark at the very start.

Had hoped to have it on YouTube but 2 music companies have 30 days (29 now) to make a decision after I challenged their copyright claim on the video-

Joes Jeep Last Ride 2007 - REMASTERED

This is done for the countdown to JUOT's 10th anniversary!

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Woo! I won my copyright fight. It took them all 30 days but two music companies relented that the Frank Sinatra sounds in the background of the video constituted fair use!

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Explain lawsuit...I forget the details.

But congrats

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Explain lawsuit...I forget the details.

But congrats
No lawsuit just YouTube half-ass following DMCA law. They get a notice from the owners of the music because their bots heard part of a song, they tell YouTube they own the video, one company was blocking the video from playing in all countries, the other wanted to run ads on it for themselves.

I had to use the tool to reject that finding and swear under oath that I had rights to use the songs, one option of several was "fair use." I had to cite legal prescient and then send that off and wait up to 30 days. In that 30 days the companies could either accept by explanation, and I get control of the video back, reject my explanation in which case I'd have to initiate a lawsuit to get the rights back, or (as I believe they did) not answer my claims in which case I win by default and can use the video without restriction from the companies that claimed copyright the first time.

John

Transplant
VIP
Nothing worse than a fat yankee, rambling on and crying about a piece of shit jeep. Sad. Couldn’t watch past a minute. Had to ffwd to the crying and couldn’t even deal with that.