• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

ATTN: Proud southerners

see, I guess it has to do with my fascination with history, which I realize not everyone has, but if I were to have stumbled across some info like this in my family, I would have been an expert on the subject. I would have found out everything I could.

Did he ever get caught?

Taggart [JU]

Archived
see, I guess it has to do with my fascination with history, which I realize not everyone has, but if I were to have stumbled across some info like this in my family, I would have been an expert on the subject.
Perhaps not, if the only thing you had to go by were the sketchy second-hand memories of elderly relatives. He apparently ended up on the right side. ;)

Edit: BTW, aren't you the guy who didn't know that Hitler was a non-smoker and vegetarian? :rotflmao:

I don't remember anything about the vegitarian thing your refering to, but Hitler was a 27 year smoker before he turned anti-tobacco during his last years.

http://medicolegal.tripod.com/hitlersmoker.htm

Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) was a smoker from 1897 - 1924, and had typical smoker symptoms. To refute that fact, a recently-invented myth is being circulated by tobacco apologists that he was a non-smoker! Over a half century after his death, this myth has been invented by people with an axe to grind. They hope that the truth has been forgotten, they hope people will buy into their disinformation.

When Adolf was a boy age eight, about 1897, the same year Iowa and Tennessee were banning cigarettes, he was in school in Lambeck. And he was smoking. Smoking at age 8! In school even! This is a matter of public record! The little boy was being allowed to smoke despite the near 300 years of knowledge of tobacco's role in brain damage! and other adverse effects. The public and the government were ignoring the medical knowledge -- were ignoring the urgent necessity to ban tobacco.
So, I don't recall the vegitarian argument, if I claimed it or not, but hitler wasn't a non-smoker, he apparently quit, and he was ANTI-smoking later, but he did smoke.

Taggart [JU]

Archived
I don't remember anything about the vegitarian thing your refering to, but Hitler was a 27 year smoker before he turned anti-tobacco during his last years.

http://medicolegal.tripod.com/hitlersmoker.htm

So, I don't recall the vegitarian argument, if I claimed it or not, but hitler wasn't a non-smoker, he apparently quit, and he was ANTI-smoking later, but he did smoke.
Is that the only reference you could find? Weak. Anyway, the Hitler who was a historical figure was a non-smoker. (Fact!)

Is that the only reference you could find? Weak.
first one of many. Very simple search that sites sources in the article...

here's another...
http://constitutionalistnc.tripod.com/hitler-leftist/id1.html

DHMeieio said:
Anyway, the Hitler who was a historical figure was a non-smoker. (Fact!)
:jump:

DHMeieio said:
BTW, aren't you the guy who didn't know that Hitler was a non-smoker and vegetarian?
very convenient 'what I meant to say' style backpedal. :rotflmao:

Taggart [JU]

Archived
first one of many. Very simple search that sites sources in the article...

very convenient 'what I meant to say' style backpedal. :rotflmao:
You're the one trying to prove that he wasn't completely wrong by noting that Hilter smoked at 8 years old (with a dubious reference). The Fuehrer didn't smoke, fact. WGAF what he did when he wasn't even Corporal Hitler yet.

Too bad you have such a poor knowledge of history that you have to Google up trivia to not look completely ignorant. :naw:

I wasn't the one that said he didn't smoke and then backpedalled into saying "well, he didn't smoke as the leader" I never said he did, but you did say

BTW, aren't you the guy who didn't know that Hitler was a non-smoker and vegetarian?
don't try to add different qualifiers after the fact because you were proven wrong so easily. Classic backpedal. I expected better from you. :idmo:

Attacking google is a last grasp at straws to save face.

ps - good to have the old duane back, you were being too nice when we were talking about your 'jump from the sinking ship' ancestor. :rotflmao:

Josh [JU]

Archived
It dose not matter what you yanks think about the south sooner or later we get your jobs and your women down here.
I think you mean WE get the new jobs, and you guys get to work as support staff and our underlings in the nice warm climate.

At least that's how it worked when I was recruited to come work down there. :agree:

Take the Toyota Plant in Huntsville Alabama, it was put down south so it could give WT people a chance to get a job and make a some what decent wage. I am also sure that Toyota got a tax break of some sort to put there plant there. It is almost like a crummy little third world country. All the people that do the filthy grunt work at the plant are uneducated WT southerners. And the guys running the place are Yanks, sitting in there nice office and they dont have a worry in the world