• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Chernobyl on HBO

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Anyone else watching this? 5 episode miniseries... Final episode is this coming Sunday. It started off interesting then got incredibly morbid and legit scary... Walking Dead Zombies are Disney cartoons compared to the way people with radiation poisoning look in this series. So many moral dilemmas... What would you do if old woman refused to leave her house in evacuation zone? This most recent episode (4) was incredibly sad. I don't know how much of this is factual but when you think about it, this stuff had to be dealt with, whether it happened exactly like this or not, it still happened.

Really makes you rethink Nuclear power even though I don't believe it was its intent.

Toney Marconi

Fat, drunk, and stupid
VIP
I’m watching. Supposedly it is pretty accurate from what I’ve read. Of course there is drama thrown in to make a story. I found the last episode a little disturbing. The puppy scene especially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
Almost makes me want to subscribe to HBO for a month. I wonder how long before it hits Prime or Netflix?

John in MA

They see me rollin'
VIP
I've been torrenting it. It's great, really well done. The only real complaint I've heard is that the female scientist is a composite of a hundred people from the investigative commission, so she comes across as kind of omnipotent.

Jeffery

Feeding a nation of slobs
Almost makes me want to subscribe to HBO for a month. I wonder how long before it hits Prime or Netflix?

I wait for holidays when HBO is free for a few days and record the hell out of shows. Direct TV bro.

Jeffery

Feeding a nation of slobs
DirectTV is as much of a waste of $$ as cable.

I have a way better selection with Netflix and Amazon Prime.

I'm sure you do, but I live in the sticks. Intr-O-nets was/is hard to find at speed for that crap.

Got me a package deal on some cell phones, AT&T dataplans, and this sweet Direct TV.

Hate the tubes, love the TV :shrug: What are you going to do? THink I'm still under contract, who knows. Wife likes the internet, I don't even use the damn thing much.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I sub’d to HBO Now recently since Dish and HBO aren’t playing nice anymore.

About ready to cut the cord, if I can figure out an easy way for Diane to work everything.

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
I'm sure you do, but I live in the sticks. Intr-O-nets was/is hard to find at speed for that crap.

Got me a package deal on some cell phones, AT&T dataplans, and this sweet Direct TV.

Hate the tubes, love the TV :shrug: What are you going to do? THink I'm still under contract, who knows. Wife likes the internet, I don't even use the damn thing much.
I get 7mb DSL here. Neighborhood isn't big enough for any of the major players to come in with cable or faster DSL.

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
I sub’d to HBO Now recently since Dish and HBO aren’t playing nice anymore.

About ready to cut the cord, if I can figure out an easy way for Diane to work everything.
I haven’t had cable for at least 5 years. I don’t miss it at all. The fact that my children are not constantly bombarded by ads while watching TV is my favorite part. We have Netflix, Hulu and amazon prime. I stream news or listen to podcasts (occasional ads that can be skipped easily) or downloaded music in my vehicle. The family hauler has SiriusXM for road trips.

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
I haven’t had cable for at least 5 years. I don’t miss it at all. The fact that my children are not constantly bombarded by ads while watching TV is my favorite part. We have Netflix, Hulu and amazon prime. I stream news or listen to podcasts (occasional ads that can be skipped easily) or downloaded music in my vehicle. The family hauler has SiriusXM for road trips.
Signed up for Sirius a couple months back on my last road trip to Cali with the kids. We forgot CDs for the couple hours that we are out of range for radio stations. Was up and running in a matter of minutes while oldest was driving. I don't think I've had a regular radio station on since then.

BlackDak

Banned
VIP
Watched most of it including the final episode. Very good first episode, ending was pretty powerful.

Doesn't make me rethink nuclear power, just reconfirms my opinion of communism

Canadian_gal

I enjoyed the series. I did hear that the Russians were annoyed at how they were portrayed and may make their own version of the show. Good lord! Yeah I couldn't believe some of those scenes where you basically see the victims burning to death from th inside out!