• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Cooking with Jeepnut28 - reprisal.....Jambalaya.....

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
lol......you Houstonians are funny fawks
One of my best friend's family owns a lot of Cajun places in town...go suck it.

bucket of crawfish and a Lite for $5 all day long for me and our friends when we were in college...now that shit's probably $1mil bucks!

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Ingredients:

2 teaspoons olive oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
2 links of andouille sausage
1 onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup diced celery
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper - or more to taste
I can of diced tomatoes - 8 0z
salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 cups uncooked white rice
4 cups chicken stock
3 bay leaves
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or more to taste
tomatoe paste to taste

Take the andouille out of their casings, and brown off in a stock pot - when the sausage is browned remove the sausage from the pot and set aside. add some olive oil and brown the chicken. when the yardbird is browned - remove set aside....add more olive oil and saute the onions, bell peppers and celery to translucence - salt and pepper to taste....add the garlic and tomatoe never heard of a tomaTOE paste and saute for another minute or two....

at this point - add everything into the pool, sausage, chicken, can of diced maters, rice, chicken stock and bring to a boil.....add cayenne, hot sauce and bay leaves......simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and all the chicken stock is absorbed.....

NOTE - you can add shrimp towards the end - but I don't because TOH is malfunctioned human and is allergic to shell fish.

suck my balls.
I never uncase the andouille, and use it sliced at an angle.
Understand the TOH and shrimp.....and at what point do you remove the bay leaves?

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Have a friend in from Denver....who's leaving for MCO shortly.

I made a road trip to Lombardi's yesterday and did pan seared Ahi, U10 scallops and a nice batch of steamer clams from up north with some whole grain rice.

Fed the gals a bottle of wine and let them blow off some steam about work related things while listening to some tunes.

Perfect evening.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
One of my best friend's family owns a lot of Cajun places in town...go suck it.

bucket of crawfish and a Lite for $5 all day long for me and our friends when we were in college...now that shit's probably $1mil bucks!

NOTHING IS CHEAP ANYMORE, EVEN THE CHEAP STUFF ISN’T CHEAP UNLESS IT’S REALLY CHEAP BUT THEN YOU DON’T WANT IT BECAUSE IT’S NO DAMN GOOD!

kthrash

I have Automotive A.D.D.
VIP
JeepNut, use Rotel instead of plain tomatoes, shit-can the tomato paste

ShortRound, parboiled rice is for amateurs

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
JeepNut, use Rotel instead of plain tomatoes, shit-can the tomato paste

ShortRound, parboiled rice is for amateurs
I love using Rotel.

:wifey: just got back from NOLA last night and brought me back all sorts of cool chit, including a couple of boxes of beignet mix from Café Du Monde, and some other cool spices to try out, which includes some "Slap Ya Mama" Cajun seasoning from Ville Platte, LA. :rockz:

kthrash

I have Automotive A.D.D.
VIP
I love using Rotel.

:wifey: just got back from NOLA last night and brought me back all sorts of cool chit, including a couple of boxes of beignet mix from Café Du Monde, and some other cool spices to try out, which includes some "Slap Ya Mama" Cajun seasoning from Ville Platte, LA. :rockz:
Use warm water with that beignet mix and don't be afraid to make it wet... I find the moister the dough is inside the floured exterior the more it fluffs up.. I mix up a batch in a bowl, dump it out on a cutting board coated with more beignet mix, and then dump more mix on top of the ball of dough and gently pat it down to a rectangular shape basically covering the cutting board, then use a pizza cutter to cut the whole thing into 2"x2" squares, then fry about 4-5 at a time in my frydaddy.. :thup2:

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Use warm water with that beignet mix and don't be afraid to make it wet... I find the moister the dough is inside the floured exterior the more it fluffs up.. I mix up a batch in a bowl, dump it out on a cutting board coated with more beignet mix, and then dump more mix on top of the ball of dough and gently pat it down to a rectangular shape basically covering the cutting board, then use a pizza cutter to cut the whole thing into 2"x2" squares, then fry about 4-5 at a time in my frydaddy.. :thup2:
I've used it a bunch before. Love the stuff. And I have a nice sifter for the sugar too. :beerchug: