• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Dry Aged Beef Bags

kthrash

I have Automotive A.D.D.
VIP
Anyone try one of those Dry Aged Beef Bags? I bought some back in October and put a 6lb Ribeye in one on 11/24.. looks interesting to say the least.. been in there 40 days.. gonna eat it on the 21st for my Birthday!

Day 1

1 Week

2 Weeks

3 Weeks

4 Weeks

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Totally interested in results...… :agree:
I was looking into the small fridge/fan thing, and being a decent cook it still scared me a bit.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
So you have to trim the dark spots that will form from the outside before you cook, right?

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
X2 on the trimming, do you have to cut a bunch off or are we talking a millimeter or two?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
My wife would be moving that all over the place. Griping about it taking up too much space. IT'S GONNA GO BAD IT'S BEEN SITTING SO LONG

kthrash

I have Automotive A.D.D.
VIP
you have to trim the outside, think cheese rind.. Its my first one.. so ill be sure and post a bunch of pics.. I bet it is 2/3 the size it started..

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I'm still not all in on this idea. That shit looks gross.

kthrash

I have Automotive A.D.D.
VIP
Cut it up this weekend.. Aged from 11/24-01/18 - 56 days.. Overall The steak was fantastic, even my :wifey: who was very apprehensive to try it, said it was very good. One thing I did notice was even though it was cooked to Medium Rare, there was very little Myoglobin leaking.. but was still very juicy and easy to chew up. Fed most of the outside of the steak to the dogs and they loved it, texture kinda like jerky..

you lose quite a bit of the outside (mostly fat.. but there is some beef lost)

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
What was the cook time on those versus the wet aged stuff you normally get at grocery or a good butcher place?
Great marbling in those steaks. :agree: