• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Fixin to do some chicken wings this week.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Probably do a brine first and then smoke. I like the flavor with Frank's sauce, goes good with the smoke. I'll post up when I do it.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
my fav, I use drums not wings, is to put them in a pan, add an entire bottle of bbq sauce, then fill the bottle with water and dumped that in. Then simmer them until they are done.

Tasty

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
my fav, I use drums not wings, is to put them in a pan, add an entire bottle of bbq sauce, then fill the bottle with water and dumped that in. Then simmer them until they are done.

Tasty
No shit? Just plop them in there and boil them in BBQ sauce?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
No shit? Just plop them in there and boil them in BBQ sauce?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Yup, half bbq sauce half water. Come out great and super easy.

My mom taught me this one.

Give it a shot. Honestly the cheap sauce tends to be best. Just something like Kraft bbq.

I imagine you could experiment with different flavors too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
Wings on the smoker are one of my favorites. Super easy when we are having a party. I have always dry rubbed them. I have been wanting to develop a method to have a buffalo style wing on the smoker instead of frying...maybe a brine using Franks or something similar.

Thoughts?

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Wings on the smoker are one of my favorites. Super easy when we are having a party. I have always dry rubbed them. I have been wanting to develop a method to have a buffalo style wing on the smoker instead of frying...maybe a brine using Franks or something similar.

Thoughts?
I just grill them naked then brush sauce on right before I take them off - like just one or two minutes per side with sauce on them, then off. The sauce I use burns really easily so I'm just painting it on fully cooked wings and letting it stay on the heat just long enough to dry up.

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
I just grill them naked then brush sauce on right before I take them off - like just one or two minutes per side with sauce on them, then off. The sauce I use burns really easily so I'm just painting it on fully cooked wings and letting it stay on the heat just long enough to dry up.
Took me a couple of tries to figure that out way back when I first started making wings. They would come out burned as fawk on the outside and perfect on the inside.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I wonder if you could marinate them in the hot sauce, but then rinse them good before grilling so the outside doesn’t burn but you still get some flavor inside.

And then brush with sauce a little before taking them off like above.

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
I wonder if you could marinate them in the hot sauce, but then rinse them good before grilling so the outside doesn’t burn but you still get some flavor inside.

And then brush with sauce a little before taking them off like above.
I think you would have better luck vacuum packing to get flavor inside.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
I just grill the wings and dump them in a container with a little sauce and shake. Haven't tried anything beyond that yet.

I've brushed sauce on boneless breasts as I grill them.