• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Go to first unread message

serfur1

bici italia
VIP
Why is there a separate button for this? I hate trying to push it while on my tablet. Does it make sense to just go to the first unread message when clicking on a thread title? If you've never opened the thread before, it will go to the first post anyway. Is this an idiotic question?

Ulf Fwatling

Why is there a separate button for this? I hate trying to push it while on my tablet. Does it make sense to just go to the first unread message when clicking on a thread title? If you've never opened the thread before, it will go to the first post anyway. Is this an idiotic question?
If you click the thread title, it takes you to the first post.

If the mobile version uses the same screen (more or less) as the computer version, there should be a small icon that will take you to the first unread post.

If the small icon is too small to hit, wouldn't you be able to zoom in to hit the thing with your finger? Or am I missing something here?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I've come across the issue too... But I'm not going to change the behavior of clicking in the title because everyone is used to it... Also going to first unread post will place the screen completely below a poll if there is a poll so someone could miss it.

What I could do is increase the size of the little box... Perhaps instead of the little box a larger (wider) box that says UNREAD or something like that.

Are you using the tablet style?

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Isn't there a setting in user settings that you can select go to first unread?

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Weird I thought I've seen it. Can't hunt around on my phone.

In the mean time, just frickin scroll : pirate:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I've made it wider in Tablet Style 2012, let me know what you think- I can go a little wider if need be.

serfur1

bici italia
VIP
thanks, I wasn't aware of tablet style. I'll give it a go tonight while drunk and on the couch trying to cop cheap feels on the :wifey:

edit:

works great, just tried it out on the Surface RT, big help.

Last edited: