• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Google ads are back...

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I got them up an running again... they didn't bring in tons of money but usually enough to be worth it...

As has been the case previously:

Ultra-Premium members won't see them.
Premium members will only have one at the bottom of the page.
Registered (free) members (and admins) see ads near the top and bottom of the page,
Unregistered users/guests see an additional ad in the first post.

As before if you're interested in what an ad has to offer then please click on it- otherwise ignore them.

Thanks.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I saw one in the first post of a thread a little bit ago, FYI.

Yes I was logged in

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
yeah there was a minute or two between the time I installed them and shut them off for registered users.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
If anyone is seeing ads they don't think they should, let me know... I tested it very quickly.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Do you not have enough operating costs from paying members? Why ads then? :naw:
while finances are good for the moment it doesn't mean they'll always be... It's so easy to ignore the ads it's like free money- not much of it but another user subscription a month. Like I said in the subscriptions thread none of this money is going into my pocket.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
no you got me... really JUOT has reached a settlement agreement with Storydude and I need the money...

Joker

I'm that guy
Joe, You get money from us clicking on the links? I just click,let it open ,then close it and you get paid?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
yes, but supposedly google has ways of determining if that happens too often and then stops paying for your clicks- therefore it is probably best to only click on ads you are interested in, at least slightly.