• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Gore won't like my local paper

Talks about summer in Temple, TX. Lists the four highest temps ever recorded during the summer.

June 18, 1918 111 degrees
July 11, 1933 111 degrees
August 11, 1944 112 degrees
September 4, 2000 109 degrees

Years of the record lowest temps.
1919, 1942, 1992, 1999

Can Al explain?

all i know is that it was hot as fawk here this weekend.
102° at the house today - I remember it breaking 100° a lot when I was a kid, but it's been so long I had forgotten just how ****ing hot that is. Not to mention the fact that it's finally raining around here every now and then, so it's back to being humid like in the good old days. I can't remember sweating this much in my entire life.

Still beats living up north, though.

Mid 90's here all weekend with high humidity... figures, I was walking in the RFL on Saturday and at the PAMSP course riding in full gear on Sunday.

Mid 90's here all weekend with high humidity... figures, I was walking in the RFL on Saturday and at the PAMSP course riding in full gear on Sunday.
the people that didn't bother to check their systems before the hot spell hit are crying worse than a democrat that lost an election they had rigged :rotflmao:

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T GET OUT HERE FIRST THING? DON'T YOU KNOW I'M HOT!!!! :jump:

thank you to all of the "climatologists" that said it was going to be a mild summer. I welcome our heatwave overlords :flamejump:

Yea but thats nothing new in GA. I was at Fort Benning for two summers in the 80's and it was always 100 and 100. 100 degrees and 100% humidity.
It's been a while since it's felt like this, though. I think because of the extreme drought the past few years the humidity has been low so it hasn't felt as hot. Now it's back. Like crazy.

Yea but thats nothing new in GA. I was at Fort Benning for two summers in the 80's and it was always 100 and 100. 100 degrees and 100% humidity.
The past few summers were pretty mild. Last weekend was the first really hot days this year, supposed to be back in the mid 80's by the end of the week.