• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Hollywood Poor...

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP

It's easy to forget sometimes how far removed from reality Hollywood types are. When they had to think of a way to make a man with amnesia think ask out loud "I'm poor?" This is the single family suburban home on a decent lot size they came up with. Aside from the roof damage it looks like a very decent middle class home. :shrug:

And if you fondly remember the classic 1987 comedy Overboard with Goldie Hawn, get ready for the remake no one asked for.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
That looks funny. It’s a remake but at least they flipped the roles.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
It’s not Hollywood that is so far removed. It is you Joe. That is a 40k house in much of the country.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Is that a house that "poor" people would live in?
Yes. It could be worse, but wouldn't have to be. I know two people who work at the wild animal park, have one twenty year old vehicle with body damage and paint peeling off, and always kind of smell like mexican food. They live in a house much like that, but a little bigger and no hole in the roof.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
How about to the average American?
I already answered for the average American. I grew up dirt poor in a bigger house than that. Granted it had wheels at one point, but it was still at least equal to that and on about an acre lot. Your view is not that of the average American, because you grew up and stayed in a very high COL area. Little booty-ass houses like that cost $50k everywhere else, they're only $700,000 in your neighborhood and SoCal.