• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

How does shark meat taste?

Rhinoed-Jeep said:
is drinking, breaking, and burning things an option? :D
well... we will have to relocate to bartow county if that is to your liking. enough room there to drink, burn, and drive.

its like my own little WT city up there.

83_Laredo_CJ said:
well... we will have to relocate to bartow county if that is to your liking. enough room there to drink, burn, and drive.

its like my own little WT city up there.
I'm down for whatever. I think I'm busy this weekend. how's next weekend for ya?

Rhinoed-Jeep said:
I'm down for whatever. I think I'm busy this weekend. how's next weekend for ya?
i plan on being busy next weekend. i need to build a fence around my WT compound in bartow. when do you go back to cuba?

ArizonaJeeper said:
I pick burn something.
J
i think its way too hot to be burning, but do need to get rid on one of the singlewides on that property and do not feel like tearing it apart peice by peice.

so my options are destroy it with bobcat or burn it.

83_Laredo_CJ said:
i plan on being busy next weekend. i need to build a fence around my WT compound in bartow. when do you go back to cuba?
middle of august. i gotta start brushing up on my spanish. :disagree:

we should also get a group to go to a braves game sometime. (since they suck, we will just have to drink more heavily)

83_Laredo_CJ said:
i think its way too hot to be burning, but do need to get rid on one of the singlewides on that property and do not feel like tearing it apart peice by peice.

so my options are destroy it with bobcat or burn it.
destroy sounds fun. :D

Rhinoed-Jeep said:
middle of august. i gotta start brushing up on my spanish. :disagree:

we should also get a group to go to a braves game sometime. (since they suck, we will just have to drink more heavily)
If you wanna get a bunch of JU-ites to go to a braves game I will pay for everyone's ticket. :jump:

KDH2000 [JU]

Archived
83_Laredo_CJ said:
I caught one out fishing the other day. I heard I should soak it in milk for a night, is that true?
Sharks must be bled and iced immediately upon capture. The shark's blood contains urea, a compound that helps maintain the animal's body fluids. After the shark dies, bacteria break the urea down to ammonia, which can impart an off-taste to the meat. Do not use shark meat that smells strongly of ammonia.

Although it is not necessary, some people like to soak shark meat in a weak acidic solution to neutralize any ammonia that might be present. To do this, put the shark meat in a pan and cover it with cold water, adding one-half teaspoon of lemon juice or one tablespoon of vinegar for each pound of shark. Soak the shark for four hours in the refrigerator before cooking. Any shark that has been bled and iced immediately after capture will not need to be soaked.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
12+ years is way too long

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk