• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

I am smoking ribs today

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Generally not something I've done well in the past. Any suggestions now that I've already started with a dry rub and placed them in the smoker at 240*?

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Nice knife.
I like it! We gave my brother one when he started cooking at a nice restaurant about 12-15 years ago. He's always loved it. Decided to treat myself to one. Makes the Wusthof stuff feel like garbage. On the upside, the place I bought it from will sharpen my Wusthoff knives for free.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I like it! We gave my brother one when he started cooking at a nice restaurant about 12-15 years ago. He's always loved it. Decided to treat myself to one. Makes the Wusthof stuff feel like garbage. On the upside, the place I bought it from will sharpen my Wusthoff knives for free.
I have a Classic hollow-ground santoku - I think that's the same series/line as yours. Definitely a nice knife. Similar grade Wusthof feel just as good, though.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
have been on for about an hour. think the wood is hickory. rub is salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, and onion powder

I do. I have cider vinegar and I have apple cider.
ok. use the apple cider. you need to spritz the ribs every half hour.

after 2 hours on smoke......take the ribs off of the grill and wrap them in foil. add a little apple cider to the foil pack and go back on the smoker for another two hours (no need to spritz on this step) - after two hours, unwrap and leave on the smoker for another 45 to 60 minutes. if you want to add sauce - add it at the last 20 minutes....

I feel like that length would annoy me. I like the look and appearance of quality of it, though.

small hands bro. I looked at their 8" and cut with it, it was too big for me. I feel like I can make more precise cuts and have better control with the smaller 6" knife.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
One correction, the wood is mesquite, not hickory.

ok. use the apple cider. you need to spritz the ribs every half hour.

after 2 hours on smoke......take the ribs off of the grill and wrap them in foil. add a little apple cider to the foil pack and go back on the smoker for another two hours (no need to spritz on this step) - after two hours, unwrap and leave on the smoker for another 45 to 60 minutes. if you want to add sauce - add it at the last 20 minutes....
Cider has been applied. Will apply again around noon, then foil wrap at 12:30 after my meeting.

I have some Stubbs Original to sauce with. Lower carb than the thicker, sweeter sauces that I prefer.