• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Invested $250,000 and failing

Likewise

World Famous Psychic
Invested $250,000 in this site datasn.com hosted at knownhost. It's been 4 years and got only 120 members. The vision is to create a huge data platform that crawls and collects the data of the entire Internet for easy and affordable consumption by programs, so we can easily build up websites, app, AI, correlation analysis off these datasets. We can even create vertical search engines that are really good at answering specific questions, rather than just plain queries by keywords.

Some of our best datasets:

1899-2019 Auto Parts Catalog Data by Make, Year, Model, Engine / Trim (US) (Auto parts)
US Yellow Pages Dataset, 22.5 Million Businesses (Email, Phone, URL, Lat, Lon, Reviews) (US yellow pages)

They are really good and up to date data at affordable prices, however, people are not buying it.

Your idea? Is this a viable business model at all? Should I keep moving or just give up on this path? We are giving up as we speak...........maintaining a system of this magnitude bleeding us out......

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
This is actually interesting. This used joined in 2012 and just now logged back in to post spam as a first post?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
On the off chance this is a real post... No one is buying your data because no one cares. The data was free to begin with, they can hire some Indian coders probably for less than you are charging and just get the data on their own.

Don't call it "giving up" call it a "strategic retreat." Must businesses fail, but you try, try again.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
On the off chance this is a real post... No one is buying your data because no one cares. The data was free to begin with, they can hire some Indian coders probably for less than you are charging and just get the data on their own.

Don't call it "giving up" call it a "strategic retreat." Must businesses fail, but you try, try again.
I would go a step further and suggest a pivot. Rather than selling the data, sell the tools to collect the data. There are too many possible datasets out there that people could want. Rather than arbitrarily picking a handful to try to monetize, sell the tool so that people that want to build a dataset to use can leverage your software or services to build it out.

Patt21

You could have knowledge or advice from Flash Financial Guide, there are the best tips about investment, I love the stock market, they helped me a lot :)