• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Iran striking back?

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
Missile strikes happen all the time in Iraq. This is nothing new. The only thing that has changed is the news is now watching and reporting on what is going on there.
well, other than Iran tweeting their flag.

I'm more concerned about the Ukranian Boeing airliner that crashed outside Tehran this morning. Lots to take in for a mere coincidence.

BlackDak

Banned
VIP
well, other than Iran tweeting their flag.

I'm more concerned about the Ukranian Boeing airliner that crashed outside Tehran this morning. Lots to take in for a mere coincidence.
Majority of the passengers were Iranian. Are you suggesting the Iranians shot down their on plane or you suggesting the US shot it down?

Jerk!

like Einstein but dumber
VIP
rumor has it they didnt kill anyone on purpose with the missile strike, we should not escalate this further.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
Majority of the passengers were Iranian. Are you suggesting the Iranians shot down their on plane or you suggesting the US shot it down?
Neither. All I said is that it is a lot to take in.

Iran
Ukraine
Boeing

It's like a news trifecta.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
This is so baffling. What could they possibly have been thinking to shoot down a foreign-flag aircraft with no Americans and a whole bunch of Iranians on board? How could they have "accidentally" done this, considering it had just left a relatively busy international airport? It's not like it was randomly flying over Iranian airspace. It had just taken off, and it was right by their airport.

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
This is so baffling. What could they possibly have been thinking to shoot down a foreign-flag aircraft with no Americans and a whole bunch of Iranians on board? How could they have "accidentally" done this, considering it had just left a relatively busy international airport? It's not like it was randomly flying over Iranian airspace. It had just taken off, and it was right by their airport.
I would guess they’re nervous as fawk right now and the operator that day panicked and fired.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Andrew McCabe on CNN told me they were a well trained and formidable force that we should avoid angering. Can't imagine such a force would be so incompetent.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Autonomous or semi-autonomous system set to an overly touchy alert level maybe? I dunno.

redshirt25

Overt Lurker
VIP
Andrew McCabe on CNN told me they were a well trained and formidable force that we should avoid angering. Can't imagine such a force would be so incompetent.
Tell that to Pat Tillman’s family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackDak

Banned
VIP
Wait a damn minute, we aren't going to war? No world war III, no draft? The news lied to us?

Unbelievable

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
So does that get Russia involved now, or is Ukraine just the step-child that Putin DGAF about?

Cliff notes -

Way back when, Soviets sell anti-aircraft systems to Iran.

Recently, Iran keeps poking the bear (US)

We finally say FU, and take out one of their generals while he is in Iraq.

Iran lobs missiles into Iraq and misses our airbases.

Ukrainian passenger jet taking off from Iran gets downed by one of the anti-aircraft systems that the Soviets sold them.

Sounds like a bad spy novel.

Last edited:

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
Canada says Iran did it
So does Pompeo. Live Updates: Pompeo Says Iranian Missiles ‘Likely’ Downed Plane

I also read that by the time one of the US news outlets (CBS I think) got to the site, it had been pretty well cleaned up. I'm no expert on plane crashes, but I didn't think cleanup happened anywhere near that fast...

This video is pretty wild, though it begs the question: why was someone videoing this airplane?

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Putin DGAF about Ukraine other than subjugating them.

Probably was somebody on the plane Iran "allowed" to flee. And then died when it got blown out of the air. Or just a nervous missile crewman.

I'm told the Iranians aren't especially competent.