• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

JUOT - Black Friday / Cyber Monday - Online Shopping Links

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
If you are like most Americans this year you will likely be buying at least some holiday gifts online.

Please please please consider using links from JUOT when you make an online purchase.

If you follow any link on JUOT to sites like Amazon, Best Buy, eBay, Think Geek, Macys, Target, or thousands of other online stores we (JUOT) will earn a small commission from each sale.

This money adds up fast. I have already removed all advertisements for registered members as this is less intrusive and more profitable then running ads.

Without further ado here are some links to popular retailers. You don't need to follow these specific links, any link on JUOT will work.

As always check out our Shopping Spree links in the Links Directory for a large list of affiliate sites.

Amazon

Best Buy

eBay

Think Geek

Target

Macys

Red Envelope

Kohl's

Overstock

Woot

Hubjeep

:hub: :hub2:
Ultra-Premium
Too much to click on. Are there any truly exceptional deals?

I plan on going to Lowes and picking up some $15 LED Maglights, AA and D cell as I do every year. Maybe also a $19 six foot fiberglass ladder.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
NOT going near any retail establishment is worth more than the money you might save.

Unless it's something like getting a brand new $50,000 car for $5,000.

Mike R

Better than Joe.
Joe I know I haven't been on in a while, but I definitely would have clicked on the e-bay link. I spent over $1600 on ebay in the last 6 months. I just have a couple of questions.

1. If we click on the e-bay link and we already have the "remember me" box clicked will that affect the percentage JUOT gets?

2. Will you be able to see our username, password if we are to link from this site?

3. Question #2 except with paypal as opposed to e-bay.

4. If I log into e-bay from this site will my sales on e-bay be counted into the percentage that JUOT gets? I just logged over 6 hundred in sales in the last week.

5. I trust you, but I obviously don't want an eater lackey like Soyl getting my personal info. Since he regularly hacks into the File transfer protocol of this site, should I be concerned that JUOT stores our personal info if we click on such links?

6. My final question is a 2 part question. What percentage does JUOT get from referring members to these sites? and; If our purchases generate JUOT enough money to equal the premium membership fee will you upgrade our account to premium member?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Joe I know I haven't been on in a while, but I definitely would have clicked on the e-bay link. I spent over $1600 on ebay in the last 6 months. I just have a couple of questions.

1. If we click on the e-bay link and we already have the "remember me" box clicked will that affect the percentage JUOT gets?

2. Will you be able to see our username, password if we are to link from this site?

3. Question #2 except with paypal as opposed to e-bay.

4. If I log into e-bay from this site will my sales on e-bay be counted into the percentage that JUOT gets? I just logged over 6 hundred in sales in the last week.

5. I trust you, but I obviously don't want an eater lackey like Soyl getting my personal info. Since he regularly hacks into the File transfer protocol of this site, should I be concerned that JUOT stores our personal info if we click on such links?

6. My final question is a 2 part question. What percentage does JUOT get from referring members to these sites? and; If our purchases generate JUOT enough money to equal the premium membership fee will you upgrade our account to premium member?
1 - The "Remember Me" box shouldn't affect it either way.

Technically if you click an ebay link from JUOT (and you have JavaScript enabled) you should get a cookie that will will give JUOT credit for any ebay sales for 30 days... However since so many sites put in their affiliate code I ask people click on the link before making a purchase because after a couple days it's likely some other site has over-written our affiliate code with theirs. In fact hackers can over-write your affiliate code by simply putting a broken image on a site and you may never even know it happened.

2 - I don't see usernames, passwords, or any personal info.

3 - Same goes for all sites, no personal info is shared with me. Amazon will sometimes share the product actually purchased but won't say by who.

4 - Past sales are never counted. Future sales might be if another site doesn't steal the affiliate code.

5 - We have been certified Lackey-Free... and even if we were compromised as stated above no personal information is available to me and what little info in general there is, isn't stored on JUOT.

6a - The percentage varies site to site. Amazon has the highest of around 3%, more on electronics. Most sites are fractions of a percent to 1%. Remember on eBay the percentage is of the ebay fees paid, not of the overall price since the big money isn't going to eBay.

6b - Since I can't really track who is responsible for particular sales you would have to let me know in advance. eBay on average brings in about $10 to $20 a month (second to Amazon) so if I see a big jump we can definitely talk about a premium membership or extension, whatever the case may be.

Over a year ago there was 1 month that eBay performance shot up considerably- and then just as it started, it stopped. My guess was someone who used eBay a lot randomly clicked on one of our links but then never came back and the cookie expired- if your eBay history extends back that far maybe it was you. If it becomes anything like that again a premium/UP membership won't be an issue.

Mike R

Better than Joe.
Joe thank you for your kind, and candid answers, even to my the questions that contained sarcasm, which one member in particular failed to recognize.