• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

JUOT Major Update - February 2, 2019

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Hello All,

As you can see the forum has been upgraded to the new platform. Most of the site should be working. Tomorrow I tackle getting old videos to work in existing posts but in any new posts simply paste a YouTube URL like you always have and it will work just fine.

Embedding images is also the same as it always has been.

Likes from the old forum were imported but dislikes were not. Thew new forum allows you to Like, Love, Laught, Sad, Angry, and Dislike a post, mouse over the "LIke" in the bottom right of a post to see the options. Eventually I'll add Thank and "FU" to the list as well.

Lots of work to be done but let me know if you have any major issues. I hope you like it, the mobile experience should be vastly improved.

I still have to install Tapatalk. On the list for tomorrow as well.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Work on the style (including a dark style)
Check out what add-ons may be beneficial
Get the old albums user's had on JUOT copied over
Fix issues sure to pop up.
Show off new features... like for instance PM's (now called personal conversations) can have multiple participants. Previously you could send a PM to more than one person but each response was individual. Now a group can chat.
Possible return of troll control...
???

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Definitely want a dark theme.

Is it possible to mark a forum read without having open that particular forum? I liked being able to do that.