• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

JUOT will be joining the "Post Release" network...

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Hello all.

As you guys have hopefully noticed for quite some time now we have been running "ad-free" (well besides the "Baby On Hold" type banners...)

I mean, no "google adsense" or other type of ads that can slow down page loads and otherwise be annoying.

Soon JUOT will be joining The Post Release Network.

Post Release offers new kind on "passive" advertising if you will. There will be no pop up ads, no banners on pages, or other annoyances.

Instead Post Release will deliver an entire thread of content relevant to the forum it is posted in- such as perhaps a review about a brand of off-road tires in the Jeep forum, or a comparison between two cell phones in the cell phone forum. These posts (which will be in their own thread) will contain useful and relevant info, including possibly YouTube videos and other rich content.

These threads will clearly be labeled as "Posted by PostRelease" and at the bottom of the post they will clearly be labeled as sponsored content.

The threads created by PostRelease will be stickied in the forums which they are created- so if it works as I anticipate people browsing via "All Topic" may never even see them. This will mostly be seen by guest users who cannot browse the off-topic/all-topic forums.

I expect these threads may start sometime today or in the next few days depending how fast they can find relevant content.

Just wanted to give everyone an :fyi: and I welcome feedback if you do start seeing them.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I don;t believe there will be content in the gun forum- definitely not in VIP. But will see.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
We are having some difficulty, apparently their plugin needs a little work- they relied on something they assumed is constant among all VB forums, but of course on JUOT it is not the default setting- for security reasons.