• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Meater thermometer.

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Anyone using a 'Meater' thermometer for their grill or smoker?
I picked one up for using either in the oven in the kitchen or the grill outside.
I wanted something that I can use when using the rotisserie.
Going to take it for a spin today with a marinated pork loin.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Anyone using a 'Meater' thermometer for their grill or smoker?
I picked one up for using either in the oven in the kitchen or the grill outside.
I wanted something that I can use when using the rotisserie.
Going to take it for a spin today with a marinated pork loin.
Yes. I like it a lot. I have the Meater+.

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Yes. I like it a lot. I have the Meater+.
I got the same one....4 probes.
I have the wired ones for the ReqTec smoker, but it only comes with 2 connections.
So far, so good. I'll measure them against an instant read when I get close, just to see.

JLS

JUOT Refugee
VIP
Limited-time deal: Lavatools PT12 Javelin Digital Instant Read Meat Thermometer for Kitchen, Food Cooking, Grill, BBQ, Smoker, Candy, Home Brewing, Coffee, and Oil Deep Frying https://a.co/d/fFWGed8

Maverick Silver Remote BBQ/Smoker Thermometer ET 732 Silver https://a.co/d/dQ3k42Y

I've had the Maverick for 7 years And just used it recently for the first time, worked great!

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
I got the same one....4 probes.
I have the wired ones for the ReqTec smoker, but it only comes with 2 connections.
So far, so good. I'll measure them against an instant read when I get close, just to see.
I’ve found mine to be extremely accurate. I haven’t been smoking any meats recently. Too busy working on fencing to get ready for vacation.

Mike The Apeman

Random drive-by.
I got the Temp Spike from ThermoPro on sale for $45 I think. Does it's job when I'm cooking on my Camp Chef.

two things I don't like about the meater

1. the range sucks donkey balls.
2. you can't sear past 500 degrees with this piece of shit.

two things I ilke about the meater.

1. it's accurate
2. it connects quickly/easily

two things I like about myself

1. I am charming
2. I am smart

two things I don't like about myself

1. i have a greasy face
2. i have flat feet

the end.

two things I don't like about the meater

1. the range sucks donkey balls.
2. you can't sear past 500 degrees with this piece of shit.

two things I ilke about the meater.

1. it's accurate
2. it connects quickly/easily

two things I like about myself

1. I am charming
2. I am smart

two things I don't like about myself

1. i have a greasy face
2. i have flat feet

the end.

adding another dislike. the batteries in the base unit die too quickly. I had to use my Meater with a low battery yesterday evening. pissed me the fuck off.