• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

My 6mm kidney stone...

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I've done multiple 24 hour urine samples, they never though that. It has gotten worse since I stopped being able to walk/move though... There were a few months I was pissing literally hundreds on 1 mm and smaller stones every time I would get into/out of my chair- it seems to have stopped since started sitting up on the side of the bed regularly.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Another 6mm... Sorry the camera wasn't cooperating.

According to last lab work they are back to uric acid stones.

Ulf Fwatling

I had a neighbour with a stone when I was a teen - 15mm?

He went to the ER presenting with pain, he was tested for renal infection (uriculture.) Showed nothing. Then they did an ultrasound.

Then, they laid him in a big tub of blood-warm water and got a waterproof ultrasound transducer, and pulverised the stone.

He said the next time he peed, it sounded like a handful of sand being dropped in the bowl... Resolution of pain was damned near immediate when the pulverised the stone, but he said he did feel it pop! at first.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I've never heard of laying in water... I've heard of them sticking shit up your pee-hole to get to the stone. :panic:

Ulf Fwatling

I've never heard of laying in water... I've heard of them sticking shit up your pee-hole to get to the stone. :panic:
The water had to do with conducting ultrasound, I think. The stone was still at the kidney, hadn't gotten down into/through the ureter yet.

Once it busted, it flushed right through, then the 'sand thing' I mentioned. I wasn't there, but it sounded fascinating (once the pain was handled.)

Kinda like how whenever I've gone in for any sort of imaging (CT, MRI, ultrasound) where a film doesn't have to be developed, I insist on being allowed to see or watch. I find that sort of thing endlessly fascinating! I actually enjoyed watching the screens when getting an ultrasound-guided liver punch biopsy a couple of years back, and the cardiac ultrasound was fun!

the water bath deal was one of the first lithotripters they made to pulverise stones. now they dont bother with the water anymore they just blast ya straight on. i think theyve honed that machinery somewhat these days. joe...for the record you can get uric acid stones if you take expectorants for any length of time... got phlegm??

Hmmm.. I take a singulair every day.
i doubt thats giving you stones. im talking about stuff like mucinex. as you already know yes movement does keep things going along the tubes. and hydrate hydrate. if youd like to learn about lithotriptors look up dornier on the innerwebs. they are the most popular with the docs

GreenGeep

Timber Baron
VIP
Was it painful to pass?
What is the tail looking thing off to the right?
Yours look nice and smooth. Mine look like goatheads. Haven't gotten one since March 2019. I'm due for one Spring '21.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Yes it was painful.. it hit me hard about 6PM last night... 4 hours of intense pain, then I felt it stuck in me urethra which isn't pain so much as a weird sensation. It popped out this morning.

Smoothest one I've ever passed. Usually they are jagged.

That tail looking thing is a little urine attached to the edge of the bag. I hadn't cleaned it yet when I took the picture.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
3rd one, almost the same size as the bigger one... And there's another one in there, I can tell.

GreenGeep

Timber Baron
VIP
Pretty bad feeling when you can tell another one is en route. I hope you have the Oxys in the Pez dispenser at the ready.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
All I have is tylenol... Can't get anything stronger without going to the hospital. That said thankfully, so far at least (knock wood), the pain lasted only hours not days.