• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

My 6mm kidney stone...

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
For those who miss it from JU.

I wonder what they do with all the old stones they test... somewhere I think someone is keeping them all in one big bin somewhere...

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Yeah... but the last leg of the trip isn't painful at all... Once it gets to the bladder you're really pain free... The pain is when it's leaving the kdiney and is blocking urine and/or cutting up your tissue as it moved...

It's a weird sensation as it leaves but it isn't pain.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
When you know you have a kidney stone to pass you use a strainer or small bucket... in my case I was using a big clear throw away plastic cup, then I just strained it out with a paper towel...

For those who miss it from JU.

I wonder what they do with all the old stones they test... somewhere I think someone is keeping them all in one big bin somewhere...
i had one doc who had a golfball sized one removed from a lady who died. he was proud of that one lol ive passed 10mm stones and thats no shit!! have a metabolic defect called cystienurea im a regular passer...no biggie

GreenGeep

Timber Baron
VIP
Dang guys. I'm 17 and have had two, the first one when I was 10 and in 5th grade. Dad has tons of them, his mom has them, looks like i'll have a lifelong perc script....no worries:loopy:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
if perc helps you with the pain then that's great... I was taking the max allowed per day (according to WebMD befor liver damange) and on some days/nights it wasn't doing anything at all.

GreenGeep

Timber Baron
VIP
if perc helps you with the pain then that's great... I was taking the max allowed per day (according to WebMD befor liver damange) and on some days/nights it wasn't doing anything at all.

X2. I'd pop twice what was recommended and couldn't feel a difference. Still writhing in pain on the floor. It's bad cause no matter what you do, it does NOT stop. It makes you feel like you have to move so you go from the bed, to the couch, to the floor, to the wood floor, back to the bed. You can't keep still either. Worse 36 hours ever.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
yeah... can't stay still, nothing stops the pain... i jumped on the treadmill for a while too- they said movement night help shake things loose, nothing to lose, couldn't get any 'rest' anyway.

ill agree with the keep moving theory. it does help a lot. so does drinking water or whatever till you feel like your gonna burst but thats just part of it all. there are actually dr's who realise what kinda pain youre in and prescribe accordingly. if yours dont find one who does...