• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

My Brisket Rub -

Franklin says he does nothing more than coarse ground black pepper and sea salt.....

I keep it simple too but I like to add a little more pop to my rub - I just eyeball the amounts

coarse ground pepper
sea salt
cayenne
smoked paprika
ground garlic powder

that's it. simple and easy and it's been a big hit on my briskets and tri-tips

note: I keep the ratio of pepper about 2/3rds to 1/3rd salt.

smoke on bitches.

Last edited:

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Thanks Leon,

No sugar is interesting, I shall try this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Franklin says he does nothing more than coarse ground black pepper and sea salt.....

I keep it simple too but I like to add a little more pop to my rub - I just eyeball the amounts

coarse ground pepper
sea salt
cayenne
smoked paprika
ground garlic powder

that's it. simple and easy and it's been a big hit on my briskets and tri-tips

note: I keep the ratio of pepper about 2/3rds to 1/3rd salt.

smoke on bitches.
Do you use mustard on your briskets or pork butts?
I use what you listed, but also have some granulated onion and either some (very little) raw sugar or brown sugar too.

I use what you listed, but also have some granulated onion and either some (very little) raw sugar or brown sugar too.

I do mustard on pork butts. i have a totally different rub I use for pork though. Pork and sugar work well togethere,,,,,,,beef not so much.

I don't rub mustard on my briskets though.

what I do with both pork butts and brisket though is I rub the night before and wrap in saran wrap until they are ready to go on the smoker. I feel like the salt in the rub helps the meat sweat a little but and it marries the rub to the meat better

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
I do mustard on all of my pork that goes in the smoker. Honey mustard works great. Brown mustard or horseradish mustard if I want to add more of a kick. Slather it on, then add the rub. Regular old yellow mustard works great too.