• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Need an air purifier

Qckslvr

succomb to the madness
Staff member
VIP
Been looking for a good air purifier.

it needs to be able to handle at least 1000 square feet, and actually do it‘s job.

We have been looking at the Alen BreatheSmart HEPA air purifiers. The price is up there but if it lives up to the hype then it’s a good investment. Alen BreatheSmart Classic True HEPA Air Purifier

what says JUOT

Qckslvr

succomb to the madness
Staff member
VIP
In my research I have learned that air purifiers in CA must be able to turn off the ion feature. Otherwise they are illegal to posses in CA

John

Transplant
VIP
I’ve been using this one for a year or so. It seems to do the trick.

LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Smokers Allergies and Pets Hair, True HEPA Filter, Quiet in Bedroom,Filtration System Eliminators, Odor Smoke Dust Mold, Night Light, 2-Yr Warranty, LV-H132, Black, 2PACK https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QZQCPRF/?tag=joesultofftop-20
I need something for pet dander. I might try that. R’s “hypo allergenic dog” is not as advertised and screws with our sinuses worse than any dog we’ve encountered.

Qckslvr

succomb to the madness
Staff member
VIP
I’ve been using this one for a year or so. It seems to do the trick.

LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Smokers Allergies and Pets Hair, True HEPA Filter, Quiet in Bedroom,Filtration System Eliminators, Odor Smoke Dust Mold, Night Light, 2-Yr Warranty, LV-H132, Black, 2PACK https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QZQCPRF/?tag=joesultofftop-20
I saw those on Amazon. The filters are a lot more reasonable with this unit. We were also looking at the Mediair on Amazon, not to bad in price for the size of unit, but replacement filters are pricey.