• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

New Blackberry 8830: Thoughts?

StormChaser

I'm looking at getting a new BB. I've got the 870 or something. The new one is the 8830, is it worth it? Supposedly the modem is faster via the new high speed USB port. Anything better?
Requirements:
Email
Intertubes
Modem Capability
Camera

Stu Pidasso

Refugee
Business parnter just got one yesterday and gave me his old (not sure what model). The new 8830 is pretty nice. His only complaint is that the scroll is on the front and not the side like he is accostomed.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I've never tethered mine, but love everything about it (coming from a Treo 700w).

StormChaser

Oh hell yeah, didn't realize it did Video. Can you email the pictures you've taken? Say I take a picture, can I then email it directly or do I have to use a Picture Message?

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Oh hell yeah, didn't realize it did Video. Can you email the pictures you've taken? Say I take a picture, can I then email it directly or do I have to use a Picture Message?
either or....

PM me an addy and I'll send you a pic...a work safe one, don't worry

ProjectWJ

BANNED!
only complaint is the innerweb - txt based and sucks compared to my old MS OS phone. might go (new/improved) iPhone or Blackerry Bold which is supposed to be released in a couple weeks or so....