• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

New JUOT Likes System (and STFU System)

Mark

Ay Caramba!
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
No stalking, you talked about another board so I did a quick google search, this was near the top.

You are on a LOT of different boards woman!

HHRLisa

Attention Whore
No stalking, you talked about another board so I did a quick google search, this was near the top.

You are on a LOT of different boards woman!
Lol no not that many really. At least that I remember. AMB, Juot, CT, t8l, tR, S&ff, fj, iab. Part Times Gamers has a smilie for me but I don't think I'm a member there. I think that's it. That's not a lot.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
As of this morning you can now disable the "Likes" system yourself if you choose.

Turning it off you will lose both the Like button and the ability to see who liked which posts when viewing threads.

To turn the system off go to the usual spot- your User CP -> Edit Options -> Scroll down to Thread Display Options -> Enable "Likes" System and set to "No."

It's directly under the Enable "Network Avatars" option.

You will still see Likes information if you view someone's profile and choose the "Statistics" tab.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Added an "STFU" (dis-like) button as well. Also changed them to smaller buttons the other day.

Like:

STFU:

Slightly different in other styles.

STFUs generally work exactly like Likes but do the opposite. Some notable differences however:

You only need 10 posts to use "Like." You need 100 posts to use STFU.
Likes appear in the postbit (Liked X times in Y Posts) - STFU's do not, they only show up in the User Profile under Statistics.

PS- Both have a limit of 50 a day- each.