• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

New JUOT Likes System (and STFU System)

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
gone again.
It doesn't show up on posts you've already liked or STFUed.

I just checked your account, it's there where it should be.

Oh it also doesn't show up when a Live Topic post is made... gotta work on that... one day. You'll need to refresh.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Joe is it possible to key having likes being visible to the theme chosen?

On my Eee I have limited vertical space so the extra line taken by the "like" bar means less content on screen. On my Dell or my desktop, I have much bigger screens so it's not a problem. I even turned it back on so I could use the STFU button.

Not sure how well it would work even if possible. I use the basic theme on all computers so that would have to change.

Hmmmm....

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Joe is it possible to key having likes being visible to the theme chosen?

On my Eee I have limited vertical space so the extra line taken by the "like" bar means less content on screen. On my Dell or my desktop, I have much bigger screens so it's not a problem. I even turned it back on so I could use the STFU button.

Not sure how well it would work even if possible. I use the basic theme on all computers so that would have to change.

Hmmmm....
Basic or express? I've been considering removing them from the Express themes completely.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
As I'm sure you have noticed I have moved the "Likes" and "STFUs" inside each post rather than below each post. This should present a more compact view in general filling in space that would otherwise often be wasted inside posts.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I have also fixed the likes/stfu system so that when using it in the mobile style you are returned to the post your liked (or stfued) instead of the top of the thread.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Hey Joe,

Not really an issue but something I noticed today.

When viewing a thread and the Live Topic kicks in, giving you another reply within the thread you are viewing, the Like/STFU icons won't appear until you refresh or revisit that thread for the reply that was added while still in the thread.

Does that make sense?

Like I said, not a big deal at all, just making you aware if it's something you want to fool with.