• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

John

Transplant
VIP
Tapatalk is stupid. I ain't payin fo dat shit when the mobile view has worked great for me for years.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
For whatever reason your browser seems to be sending a double request back to back- the problem is the search has a 15 second lock-out after the first search is performed before you can do another.

If it turns out to be a problem again let me know and I can write a plugin to disable the check for your userid when on the mobile style.

For whatever reason your browser seems to be sending a double request back to back- the problem is the search has a 15 second lock-out after the first search is performed before you can do another.

If it turns out to be a problem again let me know and I can write a plugin to disable the check for your userid when on the mobile style.
What about other users? I'm getting the same thing on my windows 7 laptop and Chrome browser - in my case it's stuck on "This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between searches. Please try again in 9 seconds."

To be clear - I can browse individual forums fine, read posts, etc. but I can't use the New Posts button. I'm posting this from Firefox because I don't browse through sub-forums, I use the New Posts button exclusively unless I'm starting a thread.

Last edited:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
What about other users? I'm getting the same thing on my windows 7 laptop and Chrome browser - in my case it's stuck on "This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between searches. Please try again in 9 seconds."

To be clear - I can browse individual forums fine, read posts, etc. but I can't use the New Posts button. I'm posting this from Firefox because I don't browse through sub-forums, I use the New Posts button exclusively unless I'm starting a thread.
Made a change, please try again.

Made a change, please try again.
This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between searches. Please try again in 9 seconds.

Posted on JUOT.net: JUOT - Joes Ultimate Off Topic

I'm one of those types that keeps 10+ tabs open at all times, and am logged into several sites. I haven't gone through clearing cache, cookies, etc. 'cause I don't want to re-login everywhere (so many different passwords I might not remember them all and have to find my password notepad).

Same thing - I even tried logging out (and got an "all cookies cleared" message that I don't remember seeing before).

I'm not positive, but it may have started by me hitting the New Posts button twice in less than 15 seconds. If you have Chrome installed you could test that out and see if you can re-produce it. Might make it easier to troubleshoot.

John

Transplant
VIP
That kinda works. It allows me to use chrome but I still get the have to wait five seconds msg. If I hit refresh it shows me the new posts.