• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

New Rule: Don't Report Posts

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
If you report a post that doesn't break a rule you'll be banned.

:mrwave:

Posts that should be reported are:
Spam
Nudity in any of the OT forums
Sick/extremely offensive content... if you are at all unsure if the content meets this criteria then DON'T report it, simply PM one of the mods or me with an FYI that we might want to take a look at it... If one of us already posted in the thread then we obviously saw it.

Do not Report Threads because you think it's funny... Yeah lots of people say 'thread reported' but 95% of the time they don't actually do it- if you do do it for no good reason you're going to take the punishment for it.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
If you report a post that doesn't break a rule you'll be banned.

:mrwave:

Posts that should be reported are:
Spam
Nudity in any of the OT forums
Sick/extremely offensive content... if you are at all unsure if the content meets this criteria then DON'T report it, simply PM one of the mods or me with an FYI that we might want to take a look at it... If one of us already posted in the thread then we obviously saw it.

Do not Report Threads because you think it's funny... Yeah lots of people say 'thread reported' but 95% of the time they don't actually do it- if you do do it for no good reason you're going to take the punishment for it.
You said "do do." Thread reported for offensive content.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
so all of YD's posts are automatically reported then? :jump:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I do not understand why this angered you so much Joe.
Because some people actually think using the 'report post' is funny- meanwhile it e-mails and PM's all the mods it can get very annoying for the people actually trying to clean up spam and whatnot.

For the last 2 months every time something like this happens I've been meaning to make such a post but usually it's the middle of the night and I'm tried/busy to worry about it... this morning the timing was right.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Because some people actually think using the 'report post' is funny- meanwhile it e-mails and PM's all the mods it can get very annoying for the people actually trying to clean up spam and whatnot.

For the last 2 months every time something like this happens I've been meaning to make such a post but usually it's the middle of the night and I'm tried/busy to worry about it... this morning the timing was right.
instead of Bans you should issue punishments. Take away their rep, or disable their PMs, disable their use of smilies, and the such. That would bring the raaar.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
It would bring the rarr but it's more work for me to make new usergroups for them and to move them in and out of it.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
It would bring the rarr but it's more work for me to make new usergroups for them and to move them in and out of it.
Ahh. I would offer to help and set-up the entire thing for you but I know your answer. :jump:

As for alcatraz I did not enjoy it too much. It was just another useless sub-forum to me.

Justin

Damn.
VIP

Setup the "report post" feature to email the complaint to the person that pressed the button.