• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

New Skin- Optimized for Speed! (JUOT Express)

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I like this (aside from the green). But can I bring avatars back? I like avatars. Makes it easy to find certain users' posts.
It would defeat the purpose of "express" - I can't start cherry picking features here and there, there would be too many styles to support. I suggest using "Very Basic" with sigs turned off to approximate "Express" with avatars.

Ardvark

love the speed
the look is what I had with very basic and every thing shut off'

but both the green and dark are not good for those who visit during work
i liked the blue/gray version - make it look like microsoft product
doesnt draw attention to it at all

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
love the speed
the look is what I had with very basic and every thing shut off'

but both the green and dark are not good for those who visit during work
i liked the blue/gray version - make it look like microsoft product
doesnt draw attention to it at all
OK, good point... I added "JUOT Express Classic" with the classic vB default colors and a logo that doesn't stick out either.

actually i like usingg mobile on my laptop, if you could shutoff smilies on that
I will work on a global smiley shut off option that will work regardless of style.

I like both the express versions. Thanks! :thup2:
:beerchug:

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Everyone is going to be running express now which makes all your add-ons only useful to yourself. jjj

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Looks much better with logo removed.

jjj

--edit--

I also removed report thread buttons and rep buttons. jjj

Last edited:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Everyone is going to be running express now which makes all your add-ons only useful to yourself. jjj
The 'silent majority' has always used 'default' and I'm sure will continue to do so... In a few days I'll check the database and see how many are using what.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
The 'silent majority' has always used 'default' and I'm sure will continue to do so... In a few days I'll check the database and see how many are using what.
The silent majority in America is moderate but that means nothing in DC. jjj

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I realize using the Express styles you can't use the "off topic" post icon so if you have a thread you want to stay in OT put "[OT]" at the beginning of the thread title, like:
[OT] This is my thread title

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Classic

Mainly, I want to get rid of the big icons at the top of the screen. I hate having to scroll down.

But I'm just being picky, really.
You are perfectly describing "Very Basic" it's like default but without the icons on top- have you tried it?

Mark

Ay Caramba!
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Love it. Using the Express Classic on my Dell Mini 10 and it's great.

Thanks Joe! :rockz:

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
A tweak I would consider for the express skins would be to have pictures not display and instead show a link. We can do this from the control panel of course. But I can see myself using express on one computer, perhaps at work and using a normal one at home. If no pictures show up it's less likely to get one in to trouble. :shrug: