• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Please make sure your Email addresses are valid and up to date.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
You can change the email address at this link:
JUOT - Joe's Ultimate Off Topic

You will need to verify the address after changing.

I have been getting a number of "Invalid email address" return e-mails for things like birthdays or PM notifications and the like. In the past I have ignored these but they are getting annoying. Last week I instituted a new policy of perm-banning anyone who's email gets returned because the account is invalid/doesn't exist- with a ban notice stating why and to contact me with a new address. (So I can lift the ban)

This will be the new policy, so if you don't want to find yourself banned one day please double check your address is current and up to date.

Note- yahoo and hotmail addresses seem to be the worse at receiving confirmation emails, if at all possible don't use a yahoo or hotmail address.

If anything goes wrong and you find yourself locked out use the "Contact Us" link in the footer of any page to e-mail me to restore access.

As you know after almost 4 years I have never sent out any type of spammy emails and I don't plan on changing anything like this- it's just annoying to get the bounce-backs.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Serious business. Any bans yet? jjj
Neils bday email got returned today... but it wasn't a bad address, just blocked I guess because of spam... so he didn't get banned, I will just PM him for a new address.

A lot of 0 post users have been banned since the beginning of the year though.

like those aren't annoying?
You can stop them in User CP -> somewhere you can disable those emails and even disable emails from administrators.